How to Build Big Arms Fast
How to Build BIG Arms as Fast as Possible
Building bigger arms is not that hard. All it takes is consistency and a little bit of effort when it comes to lifting weights.
The muscles in the arms are not that big compared to other muscles in the body like your back and legs so the effort that is required to create muscle should not be as hard in theory. Luckily in the application of building arms muscles you don't need massive amounts of weight to grow big arms.
Just remember the below quote and you will have continued success with muscle building not just with your arms but your whole body.
"Work your body not your ego"
Those six words will help you get what you want a lot easier than if you approach building muscle with an ego attitude.
Don’t worry about how much weight the guy next to you is lifting because unless you are actually in a competition you are not in a competition. You are exercising for yourself.
Okay so now let’s get right to the good stuff and why you are here taking the time to read this article.
The Arm Muscles. Biceps,Triceps and Forearms
The arms consist of three different areas, the biceps, triceps make up your upper arm and forearms are the lower portion of your arm.
I don’t really want to get into anatomy here so let’s keep this as basic as possible and tend to the task at hand. Building massive arms muscles.
What you need to know is that the exercises I am going to give you will help to build the muscles in all three of the arm muscle groups.
I will give you exercises to perform and tell you what area of the muscle you are working primarily and will also give you a set and repetition range for a guideline.
Since you want to gain muscle as fast as possible you are going to want to train your arms at least every 72 hours until you reach your goal. Make sure you are getting enough calories every day.
You want to make sure you are eating more calories in a day than what you need to maintain your current weight. If you want to gain muscle then you need to eat a surplus of calories. Don’t go to crazy though because you do not want to gain fat as well.
500 calories over what you need to maintain your weight is more than enough.
How To Build Big Biceps
Biceps are easy to build and the movements to do so are very basic and straight forward.
- To build big bulging biceps you should be doing barbell bicep curls with a weight that you can do at least 8 repetitions but no more than 12 reps. If you can do more than 12 then you need to add weight.
- Make sure you can do at least 8 reps in every set for every exercise for all muscles you are training.
- Since you are going to be exercising your arms every 72 hours I want you to do no more than 5 sets for your biceps and one of those sets is your first warm up set. For each set you should be progressively increasing the weight and or reps.
- After doing your barbell curls you are to do 2 sets of dumbbell hammer curls with a weight that you can do 10 to 12 reps each set.
The barbell curls will work the bigger inner muscle of the biceps and the hammer curls will work the outer smaller head of the biceps.
How to Perform Dumbell Hammer Curls
Building Big Triceps are the Key to Huge Arms
If you don’t train your triceps or have big triceps then you do not have big arms.
The triceps take up more of your upper arm than your biceps do so it makes sense to make sure you train the triceps if you want to have big arms.
- Sets and reps are the same here as in biceps. 5 sets and the first set is a warm up set while doing skull crushers or you can use close grip bench press instead.
- I prefer the skull crushers. Just do one though per workout, you can even alternate these exercises every 2nd or 3rd time you train your arms. 8 to 12 reps each set.
Next exercise for the triceps is over head dumbbell extensions. Do two sets of 10 to 12 reps.This movement works the outer part of your triceps where the skull crushers work the two inner larger heads.
Tricep exercise called skull crushers
Overhead Db Tricep Extensions
Building Big Lower Arms Next
Don’t forget about working your forearms. A lot of people neglect working this muscle and I am not sure why. Muscular forearms are very impressive.
Instead of doing barbell wrist curls or reverse wrist curls I am going to recommend something even simpler and way more effective.
I am going to give you two exercises and I want you to alternate them each time you train your forearms.
- First exercise is the farmers hold. I just made that name up. There is a farmer’s walk exercise where you grab the weight and walk with it for as long as you can.
- What I want you to do is load up a barbell with a very heavy weight and I want you to grab it and lift it up off the racks or floor and just let it hang at your arms length until you can’t hold onto it any more.
- Just stand there don’t walk. That is one set. Do three sets like this and increase the weight each time.Don't drop it, place it back on the rack.
The second exercise is just as easy.
- You need a chinning bar or something similar. Grab onto the bar and hang there as long as you can until your grip gives way.Don't pull up just hold on.
That would be one set, do three sets of these every second forearm workout.
Farmers walk. Instead of walking just stand still.
Building Big Muscular Arms is Easier than You Think
Last thoughts on Building Big Muscular Arms
That’s it. That is a pretty easy arm workout and these exercises will work wonders for your arms. Your guns will be busting out of their shirt in no time.
Don’t forget to increase the weight slightly whenever you can do more than 12 reps for any set. If you need to add a set then go ahead. Your body will tell you what you need.
Good luck growing those pythons.
© 2010 Grant Handford