Carrot 8 Amazing Benefits and Simple Recipes
Why you should carrot everyday?
You should consume carrot everyday to keep your body healthy and prevent any illness or diseases. Many scientific studies have proven that high consumption of carrots helps to reduce the risk of cancer and low cholesterol.
If you want to use food coloring for your cookies and cakes, use carrot juice. It's natural bright orange color is easy to extract by blending a small carrot with your juice blender.
Carrots are rich in beta-carotene that just by consuming a reasonable size of an old carrot a day, provides a whole day dose of Vit A that your body needs.
Who cares if a carrot has a slight bend? They're all the same when they end up on the plate.— Tristram Stuart
Do you add carrots into...
8 Benefits of Eating Carrots
- Carrot contains vitamin B, C and especially high in carotene which will convert into vitamin A in the body after absorption.
- Carrot has Vitamin A for vision.
- Most people knows that carrot improves eyesight because it contain pro-vitamin A which is the main nutrition required to form the rod cells for night vision.
- Consuming carrot regularly helps you to see in the dark if you have night blindness.
- Carrot reduces heat
- Detoxifies the body.due to its vast nutritional value.
- Drink at least a glass of freshly blend carrot juice without sweeteners instead of soda or caffeine to replenish your body fluid.
- Carrots cures constipation because it is full of soluble fibre and minerals.
- Insoluble fibre promote soft and easily to push stools by binding water in the gut.
- For those who are worried of heart attack or hypertension, carrots are fulled of potassium.
- It helps to improve blood circulation and lowers blood pressure.
- It also helps to generate new blood production.
- Carrots work as a miracle by removing the plaque from the arteries, prevents blood clotting.
Cheap and Nutritious Food
- Carrot taste sweet when boils as soup.
- It is inexpensive, delicious, an excellent early food for babies and suitable for anemia patients too.
- Carrot puree is an ideal early food for babies because it is sweet, soft and easily digested.
- Avoid buying baby food in jars that contain added sugar, salt and overloaded with deprived starches.
- In order to make carrot puree, peel off the carrot skin, chop into smaller pieces and boil until the carrots turn soft ( with no salt). Mash them finely with the back of a fork.
- Carrot can be eaten raw as salad or finger food, boil as soup, stir-fry for dishes, baked for baby mashed food, blend as fruit juice or grated for baking cakes and cookies purpose.
Reduce Wrinkles and Lose Weight
- Carrot helps to reduce wrinkles. The beta carotene in carrots is turned into vitamin A which your body absorbs.
- It aids in firming your skin tone, promotes elastic and supple healthy skin.
- Carrots helps in reducing weight loss. It is low in calories and high in fibre content that aids in weight loss plus burns excess fats under your skin.
- Helps to reduce diarrhea of all types for both adults and children.
Reduce Cancer Rate
- In addition, studies show that high consumption of carrots can reduce the risk of cancer.
- Has antioxidants that helps to remove free radicals in your body which was accumulated from natural processed food and environment pollution.
- Good news for heavy smokers! Drink 1 cup of fresh carrot juice daily will reduce the chances of contracting lung cancer
If you can't think like an onion or a carrot or a tomato, you may be a technician, but you won't understand what you're doing, and your dish will be flat.— Eric Ripert
No.1 - Carrot Scone Recipe
These simple yet easy Carrot Scones makes wonderful breakfast or teatime snack. You will love the light and fluffy moisture texture with carrot shreds and toasted sesame toppings. Simply DELICIOUS!
Must buy this brand!
Carrot Scones Ingredients
You will need these:
- 260g plain flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 1/4tsp salt
- 60g butter
- 1 egg-beaten
- 110ml milk
- 70g grated carrot
- 40g sunflower seeds
Instructions to bake Carrot Scones
- Preheat oven to 220C. Sift flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Combine sugar and salt.
- Add in butter with fingertips until mixture resemble coarse meal.
- Pour in egg and milk. stir with wooden spoon until well combined. Add in carrot and sunflower seeds. Knead onto floured surface to a soft dough.
- Press and shape dough about 2cm thick. Place onto a greased baking tray. Glaze with milk and sprinkle sunflower seeds on top
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool and cut out many squares.
How to grate a carrot
How to grate a carrot
- Most people would peel off the outer layer skin of the carrot before grating.
- Use a potato peeler to peel off the carrot skin.
- You can either use a hand held grater or desktop type to grate the carrot.
- Hold the carrot from the top as you can get a better grip of the carrot.
- Hold the grater in the other hand. Make sure it is on a flat surface, chopper board would be better.
- Make sure when you grate the carrot, ensure that your hand is not near the "teeth" of the grater.
- Otherwise you would peel off your skin!
- Slide the carrot downwards, away from you.
- You can slide down and up like scrubbing your laundry by hand.
- Keep grating until the carrot size getting smaller.
- For the last bit, use a knife to slice it off thinly.
More Hubs from the Author on Healthy Food
No. 2 - Carrot and Potato Soup
A flavorful soup for the family. Carrot cubes with potatoes, blends well with onions and veggie of your choice. Soups are one of the alternative ways to replenish water in your body besides drinking water.
- 1 whole carrot, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 1/2 pot water, bring to boil
Instruction to boil Carrot and Potato Soup
- Toss in the chopped carrots and potatoes into the pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Add in quarters of onion, allow to simmer under low heat.
- Use fork to poke into the carrots.
- Potatoes are quicker to soften compare to carrots.
- Once the carrots are soft to poke, add in the chicken cube.
- Allow the soup to simmer another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Garnish with chopped spring onion in individual bowl before scoop in a ladle of soup into the bowl.
- Drink while soup is hot.
Prestige Stove Pressure Cooker
Bought this CHEAP pressure cooker
Stove Pressure Cooker
- Believe me, this is the best pressure cooker I had bought!
- I used it over a gas stove, cooked soups, stews and curries at the shortest time.
- Usually it will take 30-45 minutes to cook a stew and 30 minutes for a pot of delicious soup. but this cooker shorten the time by almost 30%.-50%.
- I found this cooker just nice for a small family of 4.
- It took me 15minutes to boil this Carrot and Potato Soup instead of 30 minutes.
- It tasted just right and the vegetables were soft and tender.
Raw Carrot Nutrition Value
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2009 peachy