Calming Chamomile, the essential oil to calm more than your nerves
This somewhat sweet smelling plant has a therapeutic calming effect on the skin, body and mind. The ancient Romans used the oil for mental clarity and courage during times of war. Who wouldn't sleep better with mental clarity? Apply 2 drops of this beneficial oil to the bottom of your feet for a wonderfully restful night. Sensitive skin? No need to fret as this oil can be diffused to achieve your goal of resting well.
The sweet grassy aroma of German Chamomile is said to release negative emotions allowing for feelings of love and acceptance. An easy way to surround yourself in German Chamomile is to place a few drops of the oil on a cotton ball and place them in vents around your house.
Soothing to the skin, this oil is used extensively in Europe for skin preparation and can also ease muscle discomfort. Try adding a few drops to massage oil and enjoy the feeling on your muscles and skin.
Do you know Ra?
Ra is an ancient Egyptian Sun God and the lovely Chamomile plant was dedicated to Ra. That makes sense then that Chamomile essential oil can help beat the sting of the burn created by Ra when you have too much fun in the Sun.
Combine Chamomile oil with coconut oil and dab over a sunburn to take the sting out of your skin.
Salve the problem
With the rich history of uses, Chamomile can calm itchy skin and ease muscle tenderness. A salve is an ointment used to promote healing and protection of skin. An additional bonus to a chamomile salve is that the fragrance can help heal wounded emotions.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1/4 cup beeswax, individual cubes
- 15 drops Roman Essential Oil, liquid
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil, liquid
- 1 small container, any
Heat it up
- Heat coconut oil and beeswax until melted, stir to blend. Remove from heat.
- While cooling, add the drops of essential oils and blend well. Pour into a container of your choice.
- Always read the warnings on any product you use and always test a small amount on a small area of skin before fully applying to skin