- Exercise & Fitness
Cardio Exercises At Home
Let's face it - some of us don't like the gym. We like to workout and sweat in private, not to be judged if we decided to slack one today. That's why one of the current trends in society today is home workouts. I'm sure you've heard of p90x and insanity, the two leaders in home workout programs that get the job done.
They're very effective - but they do come at a price.
They required your undivided attention for over two months; they'll make you sweat and work until you don't want to anymore; in other words they are not for everyone.
Some of us don't have that kind of time or commitment; some of us just want to know a few cardio exercises at home to lost weight; some of just want to know a few cardio exercises at home to lose belly fat. Cardio exercises are one of the easy, as well most effective ways, to get in shape; most indoor cardio exercises don't require any weights or any workout equipment, easily making them the best thing to work at home.
If you don't want to get fully involved in a home workout problem, but still want to shed a few pounds, then some cardio workouts at home are for you.
Cardio Exercises At Home For Beginners
The good thing about cardio exercises is that they range significantly in difficulty. You can find cardio exercises at home for men, as well as women; you can even find a home cardio workout that works for both. The amount of intensity and difficulty is depends on home much input your willing to put in - and this is the key ingredient to any home workout exercise.
Cardio exercises are a great workout for beginners. It will allow you to slowly gain confidence in your ability to move, as well get stronger at your own, decided, pace.
Cardio Exercises At Home For Beginners:
- Jumping Jack: Everyone has done this in gym class before; it's a classic cardio exercise. Stand with your feet side by side, with your arms in a resting position. Then move your feet into a wide position and your hands above your head; continue moving back and forth between the two positions for at least a minute. This a great warm up exercise that you should do no matter what kind of home workout you are doing.
- Jumping Rope: If you have a jumping rope - great. If not that's okay too. If you don't have a jumping rope than just pretend you do: have your hands at your side and move them in a circular rotation, jumping every few seconds.
- Cross Country Skiers: Like jumping jacks except your hands will remain at your side. This is one of the best cardio exercises at home to lose belly fat. Start with one foot a couple feet in front of the other; the cardio exercise involves moving your feet back and forth to simulate cross country skiing.
- Jogging on the Spot: The ultimate cardio exercise for beginners. You know what to do.
Cardio Exercises To Do At Home - Cardio Workout Routines To Lose Weight
You're not a beginner, but you don't have time to go to the gym. What do you do?
Find a home cardio workout that pushes you a little harder. Cardio exercises can range from easy to difficult, depending on what you're looking for. You still don't need a cardio twister exercise machine to get the burn, though.
More Advanced Cardio Exercises:
- Mountain Climbing: Lie down on the floor like you're about to do a push up. Then, while your holding that position, bring one knee into your chest. Bring that knee down and then do the same thing with the other knee. Keep going back and forth between the two knees.
- Lunge Jumps: This is a great home cardio exercise to shape and tone your legs. Stand in a lunge position with both hands behind your head. Switch your lunging position (by this I mean switching the leg that is bent) by jumping between the two. Do this 10 - 15 times.
- 3 Directional Kick: Kick once in front, then once to the side and then once behind. Mae sure to remain balance with a straight chest and strong core.
- Gap Jump: This is one of the more fun cardio workouts. Pretend that there is a gap in front of you (preferably one that is very deep) and run and jump over it. Keep repeating for a few minutes.
- Basketball Shot: The is another fun indoor cardio exercise. Pretend to receive a basketball shot and then perform a jump shot. Great for the legs and core strength.
More Cardio Workouts
- P90x Cardio X Workout List
If you haven't heard of it already, you're going to hear about it soon. P90x is the home workout program that is taking the world by storm; everybody is using it from celebrities to even some political...
High Intensity Cardio Workouts
The final category for cardio workouts at home are high intensity cardio workouts. These, let my state this now, are not for everyone. These workouts will push you, make you sweat, make you yearn to stop. They are also some of the most rewarding cardio exercises to do at home.
- Squat Run: Enter a squat position. Stay and that position and move your arms in such a way like you are sprinting. Hold that position and movement for 30 seconds at a time.
- Kick and Punch Combo: Like your kick-boxing. Kick once and then right hook and jab with the left.
- Wacky Jacks: Like jumping jacks but more intense and difficult. Have your hands above your head and legs shoulder width apart. Then shuffle feet side to side (without the gap between the two changing) and keep your hands in the same position over your head.
- Circle Run: Set something on the ground in front of you. Run in a circle around it for a minute straight.
- Upper-Cuts: Perform upper cuts for a minute straight.
- Hopscotch Drill: Hope forward on your right leg and then back on your left. Repeat many times.