- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Cardologist Dr R R Kasliwal
HONORS & AWARDS
- Lifetime Achievement Award conferred by T.L. Satyaprakash, Deputy Commissioner , Gurgaon on the occasion of World Heart Day ( 27th September 2015 ) for his pioneering work in noninvasive Cardiology and valuable contribution to field of Cardiology.
- “66th Annual conference of Cardiological Society of India” on 4th to 7th december2014, HICC, Hyderabad
- Letter of Appreciation from Norvic International Hospital on the occasion of 20th Anniversary and 1st ever specialized Medical Camp in Mountainous region, at the altitude of 2900 meters, Lukla, Nepal
- 9th World Congress on Clinical & Preventive Cardiology & Imaging (WCCPCI- 2014) from 4th to 8th September 2014, Abu Road, Rajasthan
- Award on “International Award of Excellence in Cardiology” in World congress on Clinical & Preventive Cardiology & Imaging (WCCPCI- 2014), New Delhi
- Award on “Bijoy Khandheria Oration” on Indian Academy of Echocardiography during XIXth Annual Conference of IAE on 30th October to 2nd November 2014, South Goa
- Honored as President by Indian Academy of Echocardiography during XIXth Annual Conference of IAE on 30th October to 2nd November 2014, South Goa
- Echo Honors by Indian Academy of Echocardiography as President during XIXth Annual Conference of IAE on 30th October to 2nd November 2014, South Goa
- Echo Honors by Indian Academy of Echocardiography as Faculty during XIXth Annual Conference of IAE on 30th October to 2nd November 2014, South Goa
1. Appreciation and recognition by Indian Academy of Echocardiography consortium of Echocardiography societies 2nd World Summit on Echocardiography 2013
- Award of Excellence in Cardiology in the world presented by World Congress on clinical, Preventive Cardiology and Imaging 2012.
- WCCPCI 2012 Dr K L Chopra Memorial Oration presented by World Congress on clinical, Preventive Cardiology and Imaging 2012.
- Life Time Achievement Award by World Congress On Clinical, Preventive And Geriatric Cardiology (WCCPGC 2009)
- World Congress On Clinical, Preventive And Geriatric Cardiology (WCCPGC 2009) Keynote address on Managing Hypertension- Targeting Cardiovascular Protection
- Token of Appreciation by the people of Pokhara, Nepal
- “Amrut Modi” oration award in the Metabolic Syndrome Conclave – South Africa.
- Nation Builders Award 2009 for “Extensive and Exceptionally significant services in the field of Cardiology.
- Certificate of Appreciation In recognition for Outstanding Social Service by KHUSHI (Kinship for Humanitarian Social and Holistic Intervention in India – An NGO)
- Appreciation award by the Rotary Club of MANASA for the outstanding work in Rural Areas, by the Rana Pratap Sewa Samiti, Udaipur (April 2008).
- For outstanding contribution in the field of Preventive Cardiology, by the Health Minister of Nepal (May 2008) Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Appreciation Award for his Exemplary Services to the People of Nepal by the Deputy Prime Minister of Nepal (May 2008).
DMA Distinguished Service Award, 2008
- Awarded on 94th Foundation Day of DMA (Aug. 2008).
- Appreciation Award “for Excellent and selfless services and outstanding team work” rendered at Mega Heart Check – up Camp at Civil Hospital, Narwana Distt. Jind, Haryana (July 10,2008).
- Appreciation Award from the Indian Association of Clinical Medicine. Agra (July, 2008).
- Lifetime Achievement Award by Bharat Ratna His Excellency Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam (Former President of India in the field of Cardiology, in World Congress on Clinical & Preventive Geriatrics Cardiology (Sept. 19, 2008 WCCPGC 2008).
- For outstanding contribution in the field of Clinical and Preventive Cardiology in the World, by Her Excellency Mrs. Pratibha Devi Singh Patil , Hon’ble President of India in World Congress on Clinical & Preventive Geriatrics Cardiology (Sept. 22, 2008 WCCPGC 2008).
- LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT Award for the outstanding contribution in the field of Clinical and Preventive Cardiology, by the President of India in World Congress on Clinical & Preventive Cardiology (WCCPC 2006).
- Honored by Arunodaya Charitable Trust, Gurgoan, for Community Services
- Excellence Award by Indian Medical Association at Chenai for Teaching.
- Honored by Swashrit Society, Delhi, for Community Outreach
- Plaque of Appreciation by Jain Doctors Federation, Delhi
- Honored by Cardiological Society of India (Delhi Branch).
- Special Appreciation Award for his Exemplary Services to the Medical Profession by the Indian Medical Association (South Delhi Branch).
- Honored in Chest Summit – 2006 (2nd National Conference on Pulmonology, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, New Delhi.
- Special guest of honor award by the Lawyers Human Welfare Association.
- Appreciation award by Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee
- Dr. B. C. Roy National Award “Recognition of the best talents in encouraging the development of Specialties in different branches of Medicine” for the year 2004 by the President of India.
- Distinguished Service Award by Indian Academy of Echocardiography for Outstanding contribution in the field of Echocardiography.
- Plaque of Excellence from St. Paul’s School, Udaipur.
- Excellence Award by Indian Association of Occupational Health (Delhi State).
- Honored by IMA New Delhi Branch & International Medical Science Academy.
- Honored by Delhi Bar Association on Golden Jublee Celebration, Delhi.
- President for the 11th Asia Pacific Congress of Doppler Echocardiography (APCDE) (Nov.26 – 28th, 2005).
- Shiromani Award 2004 by Shiromani Institute, Chandigarh.
- Raja Panjwan Dev Award (Brig. Maharaja Bhawani Singh MVC – JAIPUR) – 2004 for Excellence in field of Medicine and Community Cardiology.
- Life Time Achievement Award by Geriatric Society of India (2004)
- Excellence in Community Cardiology by Indian Association of Occupational Health (2004).
- IMA Dr. K. Sharan Cardiology Excellence Award by IMA for the year 2003-2004. (Bhubaneshwar).
- Nominated member of the Armed Forces Medical Research Committee (AFMRC) from 2003 to 2007 (The Nomination is by the President of India).
- Appreciation Award from Hon’ble Mr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, President of India.
- Bharat Gaurav Award from Council For National Development
- Accorded membership of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Innovative Teaching Award by Indian Medical Association (South Delhi Br.) in 24th Annual Convention on Nov.23, 2003.
- K. L. Chopra Body Mind Institute award in recognition of outstanding contribution to society in promoting health awareness - Jan 20, 2002.
- Marquis ‘Who's Who’ in the World.
- Distinguished Service Award from the Hon'ble Health Minister (Govt. of India)
- Merit Award from International Society of Cardiovascular Ultrasound.
- Fellowship awarded by Indian Academy of Echocardiography.
- K. D. Gupta Oration Award: S. K. Medical College, Bikaner.
- Distinguished Service Award in the field of Preventive Cardiology by IMA Delhi Branch (June 30, 2002).
- Bharat Gulati Memorial Oration Award, New Delhi.
- Fellowship of Geriatric Society of India, New Delhi.
- Award of honor: National symposium on Pulmonary and Critical care medicine – New Delhi (Chest Summit).
- 15 years Service Award from Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre.
- Bharat Jyoti Award and Certificate of Excellence
- Plaque of appreciation from Japanese Society of Echocardiography.
- Appreciation Award - Khandelwal Samaj - Jaipur
- Dr. R. M. Kasliwal Memorial Oration Award
- Excellence Award: VIth Cardiology Today and Tomorrow Series
- Dr. D. K. Pal Chaudhary Oration Award (IMA - South Delhi Branch - XXII, Annual Convention, Dec.16, 2001)
- Dhirendar Nath Dutta Award in Cardiology (IMA – Dec 27, 2001).
- Recipient of National Award: Rashtriya Ekta Award – 2000
(On 56 Birth Anniversary of Late Sh. Rajiv Gandhi)
- Best Citizen of India - 2000, New Delhi – India.
- Human Care of Award of the millennium, New Delhi – India.
- American Biographical Institute’s ‘Man of the Year 2000’ Award
- Cardiology Leadership Award given by Wipro GE Medical Systems Ltd. (22.5.2000)
- St. Xavier Delhi Chapter Award for Best Service to Humanity - 2000.
- Chairman’s Award: IMA Academy of Medical Specialties. (1999)
- DMA– Outstanding services to medical profession award 1999 (On Doctor’s day).
- Dr. T. S. Arora oration Appreciation Award for excellence in Echocardiography, Ajmer (1999)
- St. Xavier’s Jaipur Alumni Award for service to Humanity. (1999)
- Doctor of the Millennium Award 1999 (October 20th 1999)
- Chairman’s Award: IMA Academy of Medical Specialties. (1998)
- Jain Samaj Award for service to Medicine. (1998)
- IMA CGP Distinguished Service Award (1997).
- Indo-Arab ‘Who is who’ (1997).
- I.M.A. Academy of Medical Specialties College Chairman Appreciation Award. (1996)
- Indian Academy of Echocardiography Award for contributions in field of Echocardiography (1996).
- American Biographical Institute’s ‘20th Century Achievement Award: 500 people of influence’ (1996).
- Asia's Who's Who of Men and Women of Achievement (1996).
- IMA –South Delhi: Distinguished Services Award 1996.
- Jan Kalyan Award for Selfless Service to Humanity New Delhi. (1994)
- Lions’ Club Award at Jaipur for meritorious work in Cardiology. (1992)
- Lions’ Club Award: Awarded certificate of Appreciation for meritorious and selfless work in the field of medicine. (1989)
Dr RR Kasliwal Awarded with Lifetime Achievement award on World Heart Day
ONGOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
- IMPROVE-IT trial. The multi-centric international trial in collaboration with Duke Clinical Research Institute, USA.
- INSPIRE: Indian Stroke Registry. In collaboration with Dr Denis Xavier, St John’s Institute, Bangalore, India.
- ASia-Pacific Evaluation of Chest pain Trial (ASPECT)- Initiated on 1st March 2009.
A multi-centric, International trial in collaboration with Dr Martin Than, Consultant Emergency Services, Christchurch Hospital, New Zealand.
Sponsored by Inverness Ltd, Australia
- Role of carotid intima-media thickness measurement in decision making in patients with chest pain with normal or equivocal stress test- Initiated in August 2008.
In collaboration with Dr Julius M Gardin, Associate Editor, Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, Detroit, USA
- Impact of Suboptimal Blood Pressure Control on Early Myocardial Dysfunction Detected by Advanced Echocardiographic Technologies- initiated in March 2009
In collaboration with Prof CM Yu, Chinese University of Hong-Kong
- Role of 3-D echocardiography in defining mitral valve anatomy in patients with significant mitral regurgitation due to different etiologies- Initiated in August 2008.
In collaboration with Dr Roberto Lang, Professor Cardiology, University of Chicago, USA
- Value of 3-D transesophageal echocardiography in evaluation of mitral valve structure and function before and after percutaneous valvotomy in patients with rheumatic mitral stenosis- Initiated in August 2008.
In collaboration with Dr Roberto Lang, Professor Cardiology, University of Chicago, USA
- To derive normal values of central aortic augmentation index and aortic pulse wave velocity for Indian population- Initiated in Feb 2009
A multi-centric study, involving 10 centers all over India and is being coordinated by Dr Carmel McEienry, Consultant Cardiology, UK.
- Effect of consumption of moderate amount of pistachio nuts on sub-clinical atherosclerosis- to be initiated soon.
The study is being sponsored by Paramount Farms India Ltd.