- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Carpal Tunnel Treatment - Get Natural Pain Relief
What Is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is when the bones and ligaments located in the wrist form a pathway which is called the carpal tunnel. Sometimes the carpal tunnel can have swelling and put pressure on your median nerve causing pain, weakness and also numbness. Getting Carpal Tunnel Treatment as soon as it appears is also very important. There are many different types of treatments that you can try to relieve your pain.
You may experience symptoms gradually or sometimes it can come on suddenly. About 95% of sufferers have recorded that they get most of there pain in the middle of the night.
Pain can last for a few days or they can also last up to a few months. It also depends on the type of work that you do on a daily basis as well.
Studies have shown that more than 60% of office workers who type on a regular basis, often experience pain from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Symptoms Of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
They symptoms that you may experience with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome are:
- Numbness or tingling on the fingers or thumb
- Sharp pain in your wrists, which may spread to your shoulder or neck
- Weakness in your hand
- Fingers feel swollen even when there is no swelling visible
Other Carpal Tunnel Treatment
What Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is usually known as a stress injury brought on by a repetitive action of the hands or fingers, such as typing on a computer,doing factory work,knitting,sewing or even playing a musical instrument.
Doing too much of these activities can cause inflammation in the tendons causing them to swell up and press on the median nerve.
Taking hormonal balance medications such the pill and also during menopause can actually make your Carpal Tunnel Syndrome worse. This condition is often seen in women three times more than men and finding a natural Carpal Tunnel treatment that can relieve your symptoms is quite easy to do.
Supplements That Are A Effective Carpal Tunnel Treatment.
Studies have shown that if you have a deficiency of Vitamin B6, you have a higher chance of experiencing pain. Using supplements for Carpal Tunnel Treatment is a effective way to maintain healthy nerve tissues and also reduce inflammation in the body.
Supplements that you may want to include in your treatment are:
- Vitamin B6 - 50mg 3 times per day until your symptoms subside
- Bromelain - 100mg twice a day , taken between meals, reduce the dose once symptoms subside
- Turmeric - 400mg 3 times per day, you can also take this as a tea. Add half a teaspoon of turmeric to hot water.
What Else Can You Do To Relieve Pain From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
There are also other effective Carpal Tunnel treatment that you can do to relieve your pain such as:
- Make sure to take frequent breaks whenever you are doing any repetitive hand or wrist movements.
- When you experience pain in the hand or wrist, apply ice as soon as possible. You can use a ice pack or even a bag of frozen peas. This should be done every hour for 10 minutes until the pain has subsided.
- Lay your wrist on a pillow when you lie down in bed.