- Women's Health
Cellulite-You're not welcome here
What is cellulite and how did it find me?
Let's face it, most of us have it. Those ugly lumpy bumps and dimples that appear on our body as if by magic. Those dents and dimples (not the cute ones) and lumps that appear on your thighs, hips, and backside that make you want to cover up even in the summer. I find myself thinking about trading in my shorts for something a little longer and forget about wearing a bathing suit. Actually some of us may feel like covering from head to toe. Cellulite also shows up on the neck, stomach and upper arms. If you do have cellutlite you are in good company, about 98% of all women have it.
What did we do to deserve this? Well, there are many things that are involved in causes cellulite.
1. Genetics - yes you can thank your ancestors for this. If your mother, grandmother, and so on have cellulite you can also bet you will.
2. Diet - unfortunately the subject of diet rears it's ugly head. Years ago there was not as many women with cellulite. Why? Because they ate a more organic, healthy, well balanced diet. These days we tend to each foods lower in nutritional value and with empty calories. Which leads me to...
3. Weight - yes being over weight makes cellulite more noticable. When you are over weight the connective tissue put more pressure on the layer of fat that we all have just under the skin. The more weight we gain the greater the pressure. The more pressure the more lumps, bumps and dimples.
4. Stress - A prolonged period of stress can actually lead to excess fat storage in the areas of the stomach, hips, thighs and rear end.
5. Smoking - We all know that smoking is not good for your health. Now we can add cellulite to the list of things it may cause. Cigarette smoke is said to be damaging to the walls of your veins and capillarys. It is said to cause inflammation and leaking thus leading to constricted circulation.
6. Inactivity - Our veins and lymph vessels need us to regularly exercise. They depend on muscle contractions to help them do their jobs effectively. Of course, if you don't exercise you may gain weight and you know how the cycle goes.
What to do, What to do
There are a few different ways to combat cellulite. Unfortunately cellulite is difficult to get rid of. It's harder to get rid of than the regular fat on the body.
1. Weight Loss - To lose weight you have to eat a healthy diet and exercise. Both of these things will help reduce the appearance of cellulite. They have the added bonus of making you feel better.
2. Massage - Now this is one I can get behind. Massaging helps inprove circulation which helps remove toxins, increases blood flow and reduce fluid. Besides, there's nothing more relaxing than a good massage.
3. Laser and radiofrenquency systems - This is said to be the most effective. However, the cost can add up. One of hem uses negative tissue massage and the other combines tissue massage with diode laser energy. Both of them involve a series of treatments and last about six months.
4. Cellulite Creams - some people swear by them. They contain various vitamins, minerals, antioxidens andherbal extracts. I have not seen a study saying how effective they are but they can't hurt.
5. Liposuction - While this method will remove fat cells it won't remove cellulite and sometimes compounds the problem.
- The Science of Cellulite
Cellulite affects not just women, but men as well. It shows no distinction in body weight either. Not only those who are overweight are plagued by cellulite. It can appear on the thin as well. And, not just on legs either, but on many parts of the bo
- How To Reduce the Appearance of Cellulite for Less T...
Having cellulite anywhere on your body does nothing to boost your self-esteem, especially if you happen to see the latest model on the cover of any magazine. We women often think to ourselves, 'yeah, she can...
Cellulite is the lumpy, chunky tissue commonly seen in women of all ages and sizes. Cellulite tends to appear where there is naturally more fat on women: around the bottom, tummy, hips and thighs. It is...
- The Fight Against Cellulite Just Got Heated - Litera...
If you read a lot about the options for treating cellulite, which you probably have if youre a woman by chromosome (as opposed to man made =P), then you've probably read about these weird pants they're selling...