Chinese Herbal Medicine for Menstrual Pain
Dang Gui or female ginseng : best Chinese herbal medicine for menstrual pain
- Chinese medicine are proven by history to be effective in curing diseases. Herbalism or resorting to herbal products to medicate is practiced by people mainly in Asia, Africa and in most parts of the world. According to the World Health Organization, 80 percent of people in the world still relies on traditional medicine or natural alternative medicine in curing diseases. minor as well as major diseases. Chinese medicine is an example of traditional medicine which uses herbalism (the use of herbal plant) to medicate illnesses. Aside from herbalism, they also use acupressure or acupuncture for treating diseases. The topic of this article is to discuss in brief the menstrual cycle, and explain about the Chinese herbal medicine “dang gui” or female ginseng as cure for menstrual pain. Instead of resorting to buy commercial drugs, Chinese herbal medicine is the best preferred to cure menstrual pain.
- Growing up in an Asian country I was blessed to be able to peruse herbal remedies and Chinese medicine. It is readily available and it is effective as it is tested by more than two thousand years of perusing it by our ancestors. I remember my mother will always let me drink female ginseng or Dang gui for menstrual pain. It is the best Chinese medicine to regulate hormones to avoid pain during menstruation.
The Menstrual cycle
Women in their reproductive years have their menstrual cycle usually once a month for normal women and according to literature more than half of women suffer from menstrual or menstrual pain during menstruation. The pain is usually stronger before the onset of blood flows. The availability of Chinese herbal medicine to cure menstrual pain has been practice by women for centuries.
- Every month, a woman normally have a menstrual cycle and they menstruate ---- it is called the shedding of the uterine lining. This occurs in women of reproductive ages usually form 15 to 49 years old. It is part of what we call menstrual cycle -- bleeding from the uterus to the vagina and this usually last two to three days for most women, but until seven days is still normal. The average blood loss during menstruation is 35 millilitres with 10-80 mL considered normal and many women also notice shedding of the endometrium lining that appears as tissue mixed with the blood.
- Most women experience menstrual pains during menstruation. This is annoying at times and it varies from one woman to another. It is caused by uterine contraction similar to the pains experienced during miscarriage. It is caused largely caused largely by the contractions of the uterine muscle as it expels the endometrial blood from the woman's body
The Benefits of Chinese herbal medicine Dang gui to Cure Menstrual Pain
- The best way to cure menstrual pain is to take Chinese herbal medicine Dang Gui which is also called female ginseng -- it is an “aromatic herb that grows in China, Japan and Korea and it is used to regulate the menstrual cycle and to treat menopausal symptoms caused by hormonal changes -- The effect of the herb in treating menstrual cramps is explained by the compounds that help relax the muscle tissue and relieves pain.
- Dang Gui also stimulates the central nervous system, which can remedy menstrual weakness and headaches.
Other benefits of Dang Gui is that it also also helps treat the heart, spleen, liver and kidneys that help both men and women.
How to use Dang Gui
- “Using Chinese herbal medicine Dang Gui regularly relieves menstrual cramps, prevents the symptoms of menopause and PMS, corrects hormone imbalance and acts as a general tonic for the female reproductive system”. “There isn’t a certain amount of dosage for Dang Gui but in Chinese medicine Dang Gui is made in a special way- it is boiled or soaked in wine, then the liquid is taken orally while the root is being removed”.
- The use of this herb is mostly found in tea, herbal preparations, capsules and extracts. It usually comes in tablet, liquid extract and raw root forms. The best use of Dang Gui to provide long term relief from menopausal syndromes is to take it regularly for 8 to 12 weeks at a time”.
Other natural ways to ease menstrual pains aside from using Chinese herbal medicine Dang gui
- Always exercise on a regular basis
- Eat a lot of fruits, vegetables and foods rich in Calcium. Warm milk helps if you drink it regularly
- Drink plenty of water everyday
- If you are experiencing menstrual pain, put a warm water pack in your stomach
- Don't drink medicine for menstrual pain as it is addictive
- Find a position in the bed which will ease the pain, sometimes women lie face down buttocks up.
- Rest and get plenty of sleep
Plus don't forget to take the Dang gui or female ginseng regularly. I hope this article helps you. Thank you.
- Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea Diarrhea if untreated may cause death because ofdehydration. It is a condition where you have discomfort and at times your stomach aches. There are natural home...
- Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies
Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies For those of us who are tired of the high price s of some mainstream medicines, herbal remedies are good alternatives to medicate...
- Natural Home Remedies for Hangover
Natural Home Remedies for Hangover Now its official, you have a hangover after drinking or partying too much and drinking like there is no tomorrow. When you see the old lady walking and she appears to be...
- Things to Consider Before Using Herbal Remedies
Things to consider before using herbal remedies In the recent past, many people are resorting to herbal remedies to treat common illnesses like cold, backpain or other more serious ones such as...