Chiropractic Patient Education
Chiropractic Patient Education: Important for your patients, and your practice!
As a Doctor of Chiropractic you need to educate your chiropractic patients. This is important to keep them healthy, but also to keep your practice healthy and profitable as well.
Healthy, happy patients who understand Chiropractic and the main goal of a chiropractic lifestyle are sure to continue with their chiropractic care long after they are out of pain.
Many Doctors of Chiropractic utilize little or no patient education resources in their practice. This is not in the best interest of the patient, or practice income. Whether you currently educate your chiropractic patients or you are just interested in learning more about how to begin your chiropractic patient education process. . . this lens is for you!
We will provide you with tips to make your chiropractic patient education efforts successful. We can show you how to educate actively or passively using chiropractic DVDs, lectures, Powerpoint presentations, internet videos, brochures and much more! None of this has to be difficult or expensive!
Chiropractic Patient Education: Why is it so important?
The key to practice success?
What if I told you, you could do something that:
1. Is in the absolute best interest of every one of your patients.
2. Improves the health and well being of your patients.
3. Generates new patient referrals.
4. Decreases appointment cancellations and "no shows".
5. Increases your practice revenue.
6. Costs little time and money to implement.
Would you be interested in ONE thing that accomplished all of these feats for your chiropractic practice? Of course you would! Let's face it, anything that simultaneously accomplishes the 6 goals listed above is ANY healthcare provider's dream product!
Chiropractic patient education accomplishes all of this and more!
If chiropractic patient education is so darn important...why do many doctors refuse to educate their patients?
Fear? Lack of Time? Expense? Failed previous attempts?
We have all heard, and most likely used, dozens of excuses for not educating chiropractic patients. I've gone ahead and listed the top five reasons I feel most Doctors of Chiropractic don't educate their patients. Drum roll please . . .
2. Lack of Time
3. It's too expensive
4. It's not going to work.
5. Patients only care about getting out of pain.
That's right, many of us are just plain old scared. Whether it be fear of public speaking, or fear of coming across as pushy there is a lot of fear surrounding chiropractic patient education. Do you have fear about educating your patients?
I bet you do. I did too. I was full of fear.
I was afraid it wouldn't work. I was afraid to offend patients and turn some people off because of "selling" chiropractic care. Not to mention the fact that speaking in front of a group of people isn't exactly my favorite thing to do. The point is, I got over it!
I asked myself what I had to lose by educating my chiropractic patients. I then asked myself what I could potentially gain if I started REALLY making an effort to educate my patients. I made myself a list of pros and cons...and the decision was easy. I was losing far more by NOT educating my patients! Once I got started, I soon learned most of the fears I had were unfounded and just plain silly.
2. Lack of Time:
"I just don't have time". We are all strapped for time. Even the part time doctor is short on time. The day to day responsibilities of running a practice is often time consuming enough right? Throw family, friends, and running a household in there and you barely have time as it is! So who even has time to educate your patients? You do! You just have to set your priorities and make time to educate your patients.
Chiropractic patient education doesn't have to be as time consuming as you'd expect. Here are a few tips to save yourself even more time:
- Use some type of passive patient education. There are tons of ways to educate patients without it taking too much of your time. Loop a DVD or PowerPoint presentation in your waiting room. Hand out brochures, fliers etc. Send out a monthly newsletter. You can't use passive patient education exclusively...but you can use it to save you a TON of time and to augment your more active patient education efforts.
- Use the power of groups. Do your report of findings, lectures, orientation and anything else you can think of in groups! Educating 10 or 20 people at once is far more productive than doing it one at a time. We have a variety of chiropractic patient education PowerPoint presentations, DVDs, and Videos to assist you.
- Purchase ready made Patient Education products. While the most personal and ideally suited chiropractic patient education product is going to be one you assembled yourself, it's also going to be extremely time consuming. Purchasing "ready" made chiropractic patient education products will save you a lot of time.
We have many chiropractic patient education resources to serve you. Our PowerPoint presentations are fully editable to make them fit your needs perfectly. We can even customize your presentation with your practice contact information for you!
3. It's too expensive!
Chiropractic patient education doesn't have to be expensive. You can give a chiropractic health care talk for absolutely no cost to you. You can also write your own lecture materials, design your own powerpoints, and design your own newsletters, flyers etc. with readily available computer programs. If you are willing to invest the time you can do this for next to nothing!
If you lack the time or skills necessary for designing your own chiropractic patient education presentations, stop by our site. We are dedicated to providing quality, effective chiropractic patient education products at reasonable prices. You won't pay hundreds of dollars for chiropractic dvds or PowerPoints in our store!
4. It's not going to work.
You never know until you make an attempt. The only thing that is certain is, if you do nothing..you will achieve nothing! Get off your rear and make an honest attempt! Will chiropractic patient education reach everyone? Of course not. You'll have those special individuals who will be closed minded to anything you say. You can't reach these individiuals no matter what you try. You learn to recognize these patients quickly. Although you always try...you never waste your energy trying to convince these stubborn few. You learn to move on and focus on that half of your patient base that is willing to hear what you have to say.
If you've made failed attempts to educate patients in the past, perhaps it's time to try again!
5. Patients only care about pain relief.
For most of the patients that walk into your practice for the first time this is entirely true.
You can't blame the patient or general public here. Look at the messages they are exposed to on a daily basis. Chiropractors "endorse" pain relief products on infomercials. Your colleagues run advertisements focused on how chiropractic can help back pain, neck pain, sciatica, spinal stenosis, numbness, tingling, and all sorts of other symtpoms. Is it any wonder why patients initially view chiropractors as "pain doctors"?
It's up to the Doctor of Chiropractic to show the patient Chiropractic is about so much more than pain relief. The only way a Chiropractor can accomplish this is through consistent chiropractic patient education!
Check out our Chiropractic Patient Education Blog
Chiropractic patient education advice, marketing tips, and FREE STUFF!
For more information regarding chiropractic patient education, chiropractic marketing, spinal decompression marketing, and cold laser patient education and marketing visit our blog. Our blog provides a vast amount of insightful articles related to chiropractic patient education and marketing. Our blog for chiropractors is filled with a variety of useful tips and other useful chiropractic information. We also use our blog to announce new product releases and to give away free stuff so check it out at:
The Benefits of Educating Your Chiropractic Patients.
What are some of the benefits of Chiropractic patient education?
There are many reasons to start educting your chiropractic patients. Here are some reasons:
1. Educated patients make more informed healthcare decisions.
2. Educated patients understand Chiropractic care is about health and
wellness...not just pain and symptom relief.
3. Educated patients refer friends, family members and co-workers.
4. Educated patients are less likely to drop out of care.
5. Educated patients understand the value of Chiropractic care.
6. Chiropractic patient education helps reduce appointment "no shows" and
7. Patient education helps improve the health and wellness of your community.
8. Educated patients are more likely to comply with your treatment
9. Chiropractic patient education can help increase your practice income.
10. Educating your patients can help establish credibility.
11. Chiropractic patient education establishes trust between you and your patients.
12. Educating your chiropractic patients can be fun AND rewarding!
That's just a dozen of the many benefits chiropractic patient education procedures can bring to you and your practice. Have a great benefit you feel we left off the list? Let us know and we can add it!
Chiropractic Patient Education products on Ebay - Check out our chiropractic patient education products on ebay: Affordable and effective chiropractic patient e
You won't find prices this reasonable anywhere else. Check out our current chiropractic patient education and art listings on ebay!
Blessed by a SquidAngel!
This lens has received a SquidAngel blessing! (Just wanted to brag a bit) ;)
If you like this lens, want to say hi, or want to give us a nice pat on the back we'd love to hear from you!