- Diet & Weight Loss
Chocolate Chip Low Carb Cookies
Changing your Eating Style
Many of us are truly stubborn when it comes to being restricted of things we want and cannot have. Unfortunately, we do not always look at our health issues when it comes to wanting something and knowing we cannot have it. I believe I am the true definition of a junk food junkie!!
I am not really sure what it has always been about me and cookies. Maybe the crunch? Maybe you can put anything in cookies and they can become a miniature yummy treat filled with goodness? Whatever it is, I would take a cookie before any meal!
However, I am also at that age where I need to start looking at health a little closer. So when my doctor said I needed to get one of my cholesterol levels down and need to do a low carb diet.. I thought okay.. I will do this, but I will not give up cookies. So I experiment like ever thing else. I find ways to have what I want but yet stay within the element of what I am trying to change; in this case, low carb.
One of the biggest problems I have is with textures. I do not want my cookies to seem raw in the middle and when you cook with nut or coconut flours often that happens. This recipe is not like that. It has a cookie texture and actually they do not taste bad. They are not your average big crispy chocolate chip cookie.. but they will do when you need one.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 16 min
- Ready in: 31 min
- Yields: 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 1/2 Sticks Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 2/3 Cups Sweetner, I use TrivaBlend, you can also use **Erythritol
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts, Chopped -(optional)
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder, I use double active because of the almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 2 Tablespoons Mini Chocolate Chips (make sure they are mini), I use dairy, soy and nut free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Coco Powder, *Optional if you want them chocolate
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol which is usually found in fruits. This sweetener has 0.24 per gram calories compare to sugar that has 4 grams of calories. It does not cause metabolic effects in your body like sugar. 90% of it is excreted through urine which leaves very little left in your body. Studies show you want to avoid eating large amounts of it because it can cause nausea, but again we are talking 50 grams in a single dose. That is A LOT of sweetener in one serving.
- I usually mix my butter, sweetener, vanilla, and egg together then add my dry ingredients. Mix well but do not overwork the dough. I use a small ice cream scoop and place balls on a cookie sheet lined with parachment paper. Flatten the balls.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 16-18 minutes.. Allow to cool for a moment before moving to a cookie rack.
Love this video actually, I learned two good tips:
1. The flatter the cookie the crisper (When using Almond Flour)
2. Allow to completely cool (about 20 minutes or so) Helps to be crisp.
Other Low Carb Recipes you may enjoy
- Roasted Vegetables: Low Carb Recipes
A great recipe for roasted vegetables, using low carb vegetables. Tips, photos, and more ideas are included!
- Low Carb Dessert Recipes: Berry-Cherry Cheesecake Mo...
Learn to make this delicious low carb dessert! Easy instructions and photos are included. You and your family will love it!
- Low Carb Bread Recipe: Cheesy Beer Bread
This is a low carb bread recipe for cheesy beer bread. Info about flax seed, flaxseed meal, and flax oil is included, along with photos.
- Low Carb Crackers - Make Your Own!
A tasty, healthy low carb cracker recipe! These low carb crackers are great low carb and diabetic recipes. Photos included.
- Low Carb Pizza - Super Easy Recipe!
This is a super quick and easy low carb pizza recipe. Photos included!
- Low Carb Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms - with beef an...
This is a truly amazing low carb recipe! It's easy to make, too. Simple instructions and photos included.
Do you do a low carb diet?
Some of my other recipes
- Low Sodium Sandwich Wraps
When you are trying to change the way you eat to a more healthier way, cooking can be a lot of fun. Creating healthy meal plans can be as fun or work -as you want it to be. Safe weight loss is very important and learning how to cook low fat, low sodi
- Low Carb Cauliflower Spinach Pizza
I am learning about low carbs as I go along. Trying to eat low carb was not my idea but my doctors because of high Triglycerides. So the one thing I have learned the most.. Spice it up!!
- Chocolate Cookies with a Twist
You can still have sweets if eaten in moderation, all you have to do is a little tweaking to the recipe, be decipline and only have a little. Depriving yourself can cause harm and break your goal.
- Making Homemade Applebutter
If you are looking for great gift ideas, recipes that are cooked from the heart says it all. This is a great recipe that can be enjoyed all year long. All you need to do is diced your apples, add the spices and turn on your crock pot.
- Homemade Farmers Cheese
Directions how to make Farmers Cheese something you can enjoy all of the time. It only takes a few ingredients and your imagination. Actually, I believe there are many things we can make homemade without a lot of trouble. Plus it is healthier and we
© 2015 Eva Thomas