- Quality of Life & Wellness»
- Personal Development
Steps to Gain Complete Confidence
The belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities.
It is more about the ability to improve rather than continuously producing improved results. When you are confident you will have less stress and you will be less reliant on the opinion of others. You will not seek the approval of others because you approve of yourself.
“Perfectionism is slow death.” ~ Hugh Prather
It’s not about being perfect, rather being your best. Reaching your full potential!
Many things come to mind when I hear the word confidence. Characteristics such as posture, body language, speech, dress, and even resiliency. For some it comes naturally and for others it is illusive.
You immediately know when you meet someone and they are completely confident. They seem to have a lightness or swagger about them. They are difficult to rattle and appear to have “it” all together.
Part of being confident is to trust your abilities and trusting that you are surrounded with the best people and situations. Things may not always go as planned, but they do work out for the best. It is not just about ability, but a belief in yourself on all levels. It is not about the mistakes that were made, but what you learned from those mistakes.
Complete Confidence comes from the inside out. Not one or the other, but both. For most it does not happen overnight or immediately. You must relinquish any self-esteem issues or doubt. You can’t walk the walk if you don’t have the talk.
Why is confidence sought after and why is it seemingly so important?
It is simple, confidence plays a major role in everything that we do. For example to stand up for your beliefs, to speak publicly, to walk into a crowded room alone, to wear a bikini, and to interview for a job.
The Oscar for best actress goes to Jennifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook.
Displaying Confidence ~ Jennifer Lawrence
In my mind a great example of being confident is Jennifer Lawrence. During the Oscars when on the way up to the stage to accept the best actress award, she stumbled and fell up the stairs. I’m sure she was mortified, but you would never know by how she handled herself with dignity and poise. She acknowledged that it happened, and moved on.
Steps to Gain and Sustain Confidence:
1. First and foremost you have to be Self-Aware.
- What are your Strengths?
- What are your Weaknesses?
2. Constant and Consistent Self-Improvement.
a. Grow Your Mind.
Ii. Webinars, Teleseminars, Seminars
iv. Intellectual Conversations
b. Take Care of Your Body.
How can you be confident if you feel sluggish, are overweight, eat poorly and don’t exercise?
iii. Walking, Jogging, Running
iv. Weight Lifting
v. Cross Fit
vi. Hire a Personal Trainer
vii. Join a Gym and Go Regularly
Sometimes having a workout buddy helps keep you motivated.
3. Identify and Understand what you are Afraid of and Embrace it.
- Public Speaking
- Ruffling Feathers
- Thinking Outside of the Box
- Taking Action
4. Celebrate Your Wins regardless of magnitude.
- Be Proud of Yourself and Your Accomplishments.
- Treat Yourself.
- Positive Reinforcement. Tell Yourself Good Job!
- Share With Others Your Successes. They Will Celebrate with You!
- Do Something for YOU that makes you Happy (massage, yoga, exercise, shopping, etc.).
5. Stay Positive
- There is ALWAYS a Silver Lining (sometimes you have to search for it).
- Journaling is a great source for Reflection.
- Meditate to Clear Your Mind and Relax.
- Have NO Regrets. You Can Not Change the Past, but You Can Make Adjustments for the Future.
- SMILE, Laugh, Enjoy Life!
- How to build confidence- a life changing article
how to build my confidence, how to build self confidence, the easiest way to build self confidence, building confidence gain confidence
- Things that makes a person confident
What make you confident. Three key elements to confidence.