Causes and Home Remedies to get Quick Relief from Constipation: Yoga Can Help
Do You Suffer From Constipation?
© Chitrangada Sharan Dec. 2013
All Rights Reserved.
- Constipation is the most common body disorder.
- Almost every one of us suffers from it some time or the other.
- But when Constipation becomes a rule rather than an exception, it is an alarming condition.
- Because Constipation is the root cause of many other illnesses.
Causes which may lead to Constipation:
1. Lack of correct habit of bowel evacuation:
Lack of correct habit of bowel evacuation may be considered the most common cause of constipation.
If you have a hectic life, you may not be having your meals at regular time or may be you are missing breakfast or proper meals. This in turn might affect the bowel evacuation timings everyday.
There is something called Body clock and your body automatically gets trained to follow a timetable.
2. Absence of roughage or fiber in diet:
Absence of roughage or fiber in your diet is another important cause of constipation.
There is a tendency to eat more refined and processed food today. People are so busy and they are either not interested in cooking their own simple meal or they find it convenient to buy and eat packaged food after a busy day.
3. Lack of physical exercise:
This again is an important cause of constipation. Without physical exercise, the Intestines become sluggish and the faeces does not move forward in the Intestines.
Desk jobs and sedentary lifestyle is an invitation to constipation.
4. Inadequate consumption of water and other fluids:
Lack of fluids or consuming less water or other healthy fluids can also cause constipation.
This leads to hardening of stool and consequently constipation.
5. Lack of proper sleep:
Lack of proper sleep also leads to Constipation. However It is difficult to say whether lack of sleep leads to Constipation or Constipation deprives you of sound sleep.
Constipation Can Be Prevented And Treated
- Forming the correct habit of bowel evacuation is the most important step to drive away Constipation.
- Eat, drink and sleep at the same time everyday.
- Whether you feel the urge or not, go to the toilet at a fixed time every morning.
- Do not strain to evacuate. In time regular passage of stools will become a habit.
- Take a lot of water and other healthy fluids during the day.
- A glass of warm water with the juice of a lemon, first thing in the morning, is a good way to prevent and fight Constipation.
- Regular physical exercise is a sure way of combating Constipation.
- Even if you have a hectic and busy life, make it a habit to go for morning or evening walks, or perform Yogasana regularly.
- This should be a daily habit and not when the problem of Constipation troubles you. Moreover if you are regular in Physical activities, Constipation will not bother you in the first place.
If you happen to suffer from Constipation, how do you treat it?
Caution: A word about Laxatives!
- Many people prefer taking Laxatives to treat Constipation.
- Laxatives are habit forming and they progressively weaken the Intestines.
- They may cause undesirable side effects.
- Certain Laxatives prevent the absorption of Vitamins and other Nutrients by the body, which may lead to deficiency of those vital nutrients in the long run.
- This is not to scare you but you must take medical advice before taking any Laxative.
- And there are Laxatives made of Herbal and Natural products, which are safe for consumption.
Specific Yogasanas for Constipation:
The Yogasanas are very effective for treatment and long time relief from Constipation, even if it is a chronic problem But they have to learnt correctly by a Yoga expert and then performed on a regular basis.
There should be regularity in performing Yogic exercises. Following are some of the Yogasanas, which are very useful in dealing with Constipation.
Again it is very important to learn these yogic exercises from an expert to get maximum benefits.
To Sum up:
Constipation not only causes general lethargy, discomfort, headaches, Insomnia, flatulence etc. but also other serious disorders such as Piles, Fistula, Haemorrhoids, diseases related to Colon and Cancer of the Colon,
It is thus advisable, not to ignore this.
Taking medicines is not a permanent solution.
If permanent relief and solution is desired, the simple doable measures suggested above should be adopted and the causes of Constipation, enlisted above inevitably should be avoided.
© Chitrangada Sharan 5th December, 2013
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Youtube video: Yoga for Constipation and Gas
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Health Benefits Of Yogasana And Yogic Exercises : Fo...
Yogasana is preferred over other forms of physical exercises. Why! As it is safe and can be practiced at any age and without getting exhausted. Learn to perform it correctly, to get the max. benefits.
- Brisk Walking : The Safest and Easiest Exercise for ...
Brisk walking is the safest and easiest form of exercise. While the fresh air does wonders to your mood, energy levels, blood circulation; you don't even realize that you have finished your exercises!
- Water Therapy : To Cure Common Diseases And As A Lif...
Water is the most essential element and component of human physiology. It also has wonderful healing properties, with the presence of various crucial elements present in it, beneficial for health.
- How To Detoxify Naturally: 7 Days Effective Detox Di...
Do you have a tendency to overindulge? Have you been feeling sluggish, bloated, sleep deprived, difficulty in losing weight? You might need a Detox Diet Plan. It can help you to manage weight as well
- What Are The Benefits Of Massage : Herbal Oils, Spa ...
Massage as an alternative therapy to relieve stress, pain and anxiety is an age old practice. It has become more scientific with the practice of using Herbal, medicinal oils in Modern Massage centers.
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan