- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Cough Variant Asthma Symptoms and Remedies
Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier
Cough Variant Asthma
Cough Variant Asthma refers to the cough symptom some asthma sufferers experience. This coughing can be the only asthma symptom the person may be experiencing or it may be in addition to other common symptoms. There are many factors that can irritate and aggravate cough variant asthma. Some of these factors include:
- Dry Air
- Cold Air
- Particles from air irritating the nose or throat
Doctors treat Cough Variant Asthma like other forms of asthma; with medication and inhalers. A more natural and holistic approach to reducing the onset of cough variant asthma should include the following considerations:
- environmental contributors (air quality and humidity)
- seasonal contributors (allergens)
- Lifestyle Contributors (example: smoking)
- Dietary Considerations (not always a direct correlation, but often times alterations in diet can improve overall health and support reduction in symptoms)
- Physical Fitness (finding ways to support healthy lung and airway function)
Air purification is a very sensible prevention measure for cough variant asthma. It is an excellent way to remove allergens, odors, and chemical gases from the air. Using a good air purification system can significantly reduce irritants that aggravate your asthma and drag on your immune system.
If dry air is contributing to your asthma cough, a humidifier is a great addition which can work well in combination with air purification to increase the moisture in your air. As always, consult a doctor about your specific case of asthma and how different preventative solutions may help or irritate your asthma.