Crazy and astounding benefits of honey
Honey is one of the most versatile food products as it can be used in many recipes to enhance flavor and add sweetness, and can be used for various health and well-being issues concerning the body. Everyone should have a jar of honey in their pantry, because some of the things honey can do for you will blow you away.
Honey is pure substance, it has no need for additives. This means that it can be used as an antiseptic. IE: If you have a wound, you can put honey on it and this will prevent infection and dirt entering the wound. Of course this should be a temporary fix until you treat the wound necessarily. This method is also effective for burns.
Honey contains nutrients and minerals, so it can be used as an energy source. Honey is an efficient energy source as it works by replacing energy, that is burnt during physical activity, thus giving you more endurance.
Honey can be used for cosmetic purposes such as softening the skin, and treatment of minor skin conditions such as acne. Beeswax is also used in skin lotions and is used in many lipsticks. One truly great product that i would recommend to (almost) anyone is a beeswax based skin balm called 'pot of gold.' This stuff actually performed a miracle on someone i know..
My Nana had a lump on her hand at one stage a few years ago, she had it checked by a doctor and it was cancerous, so she was scheduled to have it removed. Unfortunately there was a waiting list, and she would have to wait a couple of months. Soon after my Nana had the lump identified, she came across this product 'pot of gold.' My Nana stumbled across the product at a gypsy fair where a woman was selling it, whom noticed the lump on her hand and recommended that she bought the wax and used in on the lump on her hand. So that's what she did. After two months of using this product daily, the lump had completely vanished from Nana's hand, without a trace. This story supports recent studies revealing that honey/beeswax may be able to cure cancer. Further evidence reveals that beekeepers are practically IMMUNE to cancer.
The skin product 'Pot of gold' is effective for treating cold sores, sore feet, acne, nappy rash, scarring, eczema, shaving rash,sweat rash, sun spots and other pigmentation conditions, and skin cancer. This product also contains bee venom, so do not use it if you are allergic to bees. But if you have no bee or honey allergies, then it's completely safe.
Honey is easily digested and also promotes general digestion. Honey is about 80% sugar, but the sugar is natural and it doesn't turn to fat like artificial or white sugar. Weight loss can be achieved by adding honey to your regular diet alone. One of the most effective ways to achieve weight loss with honey is to combine 1-2 tablespoons of honey and 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with one cup of water, boil together for 10minutes. Drink this mix before going to bed at night, and again in the morning 1/2 an hour before breakfast. If taken regularly, this will cause you to lose weight because this combination prevents fat from being able to accumulate in the body.
There are also many other useful ways that cinnamon can be combined with honey to reap some major benefits, a few to mention:
- Taken regularly, several times a day, a mixture of equal parts cinnamon and honey can gradually restore hearing loss.
- A mixture of equal parts honey and cinnamon will cure skin rashes such as eczema, acne, and ring worm when applied regularly.
- Cinnamon sprinkled over 2 tablespoons of honey, taken before meals will prevent indigestion.
- A glass of water combined with a tablespoon of honey, and 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon, taken twice daily for at a period of at least one week, will cause a person to become more alert, and be less prone to fatigue.
- Symptoms of the flu such as blocked sinensis, coughs, and sore throats, can be relieved by taking one teaspoon of warm honey with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon twice a day for three days.
- Heart problems and cholesterol levels can be reduced by making a mixture of equal parts cinnamon and honey, and eating it on toast or in sandwiches on a daily basis.
- To prevent and combat hair loss, mix a combination of 1tablespoon honey, 1teaspoon cinnamon, and half a cup of warm olive oil. Apply this mixture to your head, leave for 10-15 minutes, rinse and then proceed to wash your hair as you usually would. Repeat this process 2-3 times per week and you should begin to see result within 4-8 weeks.
- Daily consumption of a combination of cinnamon and honey will also strengthen your immune system, and increase your average energy levels.
In baking, sugar can be substituted for honey. Baked foods containing honey are not only healthier, but they are more moist also, hence they they don't dry out as baked products such as cakes containing sugar can. Some tips for using honey in baking are; add a pinch of salt and a pinch of baking powder to every cup of honey to intensify the sweetness of the honey and to reduce acidity. Also for every cup of honey used in a recipe, reduce the total amount of all liquid ingredients by 1/4cup.
Honey is an antioxidant. Hence it promotes blood circulation, oxygen flow to the body and brain, and helps to flush out toxins from the body.
Honey consumed regularly will banish bad breath problems and prevent oral infections.
Honey can be also be effective for treating stomach ulcers, skin ulcers and foot and mouth ulcers.
So with all this knowledge of what honey can do for you, can you afford not to take it?
- Tips for when purchasing staple item foods
If your health conscious, or like to keep things simple, easy and fuss-free, when it comes to food and purchasing your groceries, be aware of what your getting for your money.. 1. Rice: Always buy long grain...
- Advantages, disadvantages, and alternative uses of coffee.
Coffee is the second most universally consumed substance, next to water. Coffee was discovered as a beverage in the ninth century, originating in the middle East.Coffee can have many different effects on the...