- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Cures For Insomnia: Herbal Drinks That Can Help You Sleep
Having trouble sleeping at night?
Insomnia is a terrible nuisance to be plagued with. There's nothing worse than needing a wonderful night's sleep, but being faced with the fact that you simply cannot get to sleep.
Many people turn to herbal remedies in their aid to sleep better at night, and for this reason I have compiled a short article containing some of the best herbal drinks to help send you off to a peaceful night's sleep.
Which Herbal Drinks Help You Sleep?
There are a lot of herbal drinks which do exactly the same thing when it comes to helping you sleep. All of the following have been said to be good herbal aids when it comes to getting a good night's sleep, but I have chosen to list multiple items because let's face it: You're going to want to find one you like the taste of!
- . Chamomile tea is a popular herbal tea for many ailments, with insomnia being one of them. It has a mild flowery taste to it, and can be enjoyed alone or with honey. Note: When drinking chamomile as an aid to sleeping better, it is advised you don't add sugar as sugar gives you a burst of energy - not something you want when you already can't get to sleep! Chamomile
- Peppermint. Peppermint is another great drink to take to bed with you. With a more minty taste, it is less recommended to sweeten peppermint tea.
- Jasmine. Jasmine is a herbal tea made with the dried petals of jasmine flowers, and is naturally sweet tasting. Drinking Jasmine tea before bed is also thought to send you to the land of nod.
- . Perhaps one of the best sleeping aids when it comes to herbal tea, not only does catnip relax your muscles but it helps to relieve the symptoms of other pains which might be giving you trouble sleeping like indigestion and headaches. Many sweeten catnip with honey, but it can also be enjoyed alone. Note: Drinking catnip tea is advised against for pregnant women and those menstruating as it can make periods heavier. Catnip
Why choose herbal drinks as a cure for insomnia
Choosing the right herbal drink to send you to sleep doesn't only provide your body with the natural chemicals to help you relax, but it is also a very psychologically beneficial way of improving your bedtime routine.
Our bodies love routine.
Routine is one of the most effective tools for telling our body: "It's time to go to sleep".
If you make sure that you do the same thing every evening - such as making yourself a calming herbal tea - your body will begin to realise that herbal tea time, is bedtime - thus helping you to cure your insomnia in more ways than one.