- Alternative & Natural Medicine»
- Whole-Body Health & Holistic Medicine
DIY: Slimming Body Wraps That Aid In Weight Loss And Burn Fat
Why Go DIY
We have all reached that point where exercise and dieting is just no loner working. Basically you end up hitting that "weight loss wall". Alot of people have hit that wall and decided to try a different approach and try the slimming wraps.
They work by opening the pores when you apply heat via washcloth in the beginning. Applying lotion helps by kick-starting the sweating process, while the clay mask helps work deep in the pore and remove as much toxins as possible.
The plastic wrap help's increase the sweating and removing of toxins. So it basically multiples the whole process. Awesome huh? Lastly, the Ace bandages are used to keep the plastic wrap compressed to the skin, which helps it work alot better.
It really does work and it's super cheap as well. When you buy one of those "complete body slimming wrap kits" the initial starter kit can cost you anywhere between $135-$200. And dont forget about the monthly costs to continue wrapping throughout the month which comes to over $50. OUCH.
DIY wraps cost $15 and last you as long as a month. That saves you a whopping average of $152.50 first month. And $35 a month!
With these DIY Slimming Wraps, you will get the same results as the fancy super expensive kits you have to buy online. You can lose up to 5 inches in your first session!!
Once you have decided to move forward with going DIY, you will need to put together everything you are going to need. If you plan to do wraps on a regular basis, then you can actually collect everything from the list and put it in a shoe box to save for the next time you plan on using them.
When making your own batch of Slimming Wrap magic mixture , try to remember this mix is going to be on your skin for many hours, make sure its something that is known to know irritate your skin.
- Clear Plastic Wrap
- Ace Bandage/Bandage Wrap
- Clay Mask Pack
- Lotion- Greasy is good, it helps you sweat more.
The above list is for a general and simple "recipe" for a Slimming Body Wrap. After thinking about it for a little while, I realized there are some awesome ingredients that you can add the the recipe to help aid in your weight loss. You will find the list below and what it can do for you.
OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS BUT DEFINITELY A MUST TRY
- Epsom Salt- Has magnesium it in and is known to help your detox hit the max level. So why not mix it in with everything else.
- Lemon Juice- Helps with liver detoxification.
- Sea Salt- Helps draw the toxins from your body.
- Parsley Powder- Another one that aids in the detoxification process
- Goats Milk- Moisturizes, and helps balance out your PH levels
- Coconut Oil- Natural anti fungal, helps detox you and keeps your skin feeling amazing
- Apple Cider Vinegar,Whole Milk Powder & Goats Milk Powder- Helps exfoliate skin.
- Ginger Root,Fennel Seed & Chamomile Herbal Tea- Helps your body relax while aiding in the detoxification process.
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Rosemary Oil
- Caffeine Pills- Crushed into a powder
- Grapefruit Oil
- Cayenne Powder- Helps in the heating process
- Green Tea
- Fennel Oil
- Cypress Oil
- Juniperberry Oil
- Geranium Oil
Steps To A Perfect DIY Slimming Body Wrap
The first thing you must do before anything else is create your own little magic mixture that you are going to slather on the area you plan on wrapping. If you are planning on just going with the general "magic wrap" ingredients, then you can just whip them altogether. That recipe includes: Lotion and a pack of clay based facial masks. You can find the clay masks in the cosmetic area of almost any store. You can either get the individual packs, or by an actual tube. The tubes come in 10-12oz, and if you are planning on wrapping often, then this will save you money in the long run.
If you are planning on creating your own concoction, then you can kinda mess around with it and figure out what you like best. You can add a generous amount of Epsom salt, and some lemon juice. If adding lemon juice, you dont want to make it too watery though. When you are applying the mixture, it should be right in the middle, not too thick, and not too runny.
- Mix together the ingredients for your own magic slimming mixture for the wraps. Like I stated above, you can stick with general, or you can go your own way and add everything if you would like. Its up to you, you are the one who has to deal with applying it to your body.
- Place a warm damp washcloth on the area you are going to wrap. This will open the pores and will make the detoxification process more stable. And you will be able to sweat out at maximum capacity.
- Apply mixture to the wrap area. It can be any area you choose. The most common wrapping area is on the stomach and love handles. You can also apply it to your upper and inner thighs, as well as your upper arms right below your armpits.
- Let the mixture harden for just about 5 minutes and then apply the plastic wrap around the area.This makes it easier to have a grip on the mix.Otherwise it might be too slick, and it will seem almost impossible trying to wrap yourself. The plastic wrap should wrap around twice and over lap when you are done.
- Lastly, you wrap the ACE bandage over plastic wrap. This must be a little tighter so that it makes sure to stay in place. Make sure you use the little metal hook piece that comes with it to make sure it will stay in place. It should not be too tight, but snug enough to where it is somewhat comfortable but tight enough to keep everything in place.
Once you are done with all the wrap steps, you will leave the wrap on for 4-8 hours. The longer you leave it on, the more dramatic the affect. People have had results such as measuring 2" smaller then before they did the wrap. This is not a promise, only a result another person has gotten. Dont expect to lose a bunch of weight. Results do vary, just like any other diet.
CELLULITE BODY WRAP
-1 CUP SEAWEED POWDER
-3 TBSP. (45ML) ALMOND OIL/OLIVE OIL
-2 CUPS WARM WATER OR COFFEE
-OPTIONAL: 2 DROPS OF ANTI- CELLULITE OILS (ROSEMARY,JUNIPER,FENNEL)
-APPLY TO LEGS, BUTTOCKS AND HIP AREAS
-LEAVE ON FOR ONE HOUR
-REMOVE MIXTURE OFF BODY IN WARM SHOWER
TIGHT SKIN WRAP
-1 CUP BENTONITE POWDER (CLAY)
-2 CUPS OF GREEN TEA-WATER
-OPTIONAL: 2 DROPS OF DIURETIC ESSENTIAL OILS
-DO NOT USE A METAL OBJECT TO MIX THE PASTE. IT REACTS IN A BAD WAY WITH THE BENTONITE POWDER.