- Personal Health Information & Self-Help»
- Health Self-Help
Dental Care with Remedies of Common Mouth Disorder
We often visit dentist for dental checkup if were fortunate enough to spend on revitalizing teeth. However, if we can’t afford why not make a habit of proper dental care at home especially imploring it to the kids. I have realized the importance of proper hygiene and care to our teeth. Mouth is the mirror of our body it reflects of how we take good care of our health everything we eat goes first to the mouth. A healthy mouth certainly indicates a healthy life style and awareness towards one’s personal hygiene and care. And, poor hygiene is the higher risk of developing common problem to our mouth and entire health. Better take seriously of taking note the steps of Daily importance of Oral Care.
1. Brush twice a day, once in the morning and before bedtime.
2. To properly brush the teeth, use short, gentle strokes, paying extra attention to the gum line, hard-to-reach back teeth and areas around fillings, crowns or other restoration.
3. Concentrate on thorough cleaning each section of outer surfaces of upper teeth, then your lower teeth, inner surfaces of upper teeth, then lower teeth and clean also the chewing surfaces of teeth. For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too.
4. Use tooth brush with soft bristles. Brush sometimes caused gum bleeding. Replace your toothbrush every three months. It is also very important to change toothbrushes after you’ve had a cold, since the bristles can collect germs that can lead to reinfection.
5. Regular floss helps clean the spaces between the teeth.
6. Use mouth rinsing and mouth wash after brush and every few hours; including after meals
7. Avoid consumption of cigarette, tobacco, and alcohol
8. Every 6 months visit dentist for regular checkup. For kids dental checkup at regular intervals.
Common Problems and Remedy
Used small piece of slice garlic; place into the affective area like filling and tooth cavity. Replace garlic filling twice a day. (Note) This can be used for temporary relief of pain
Pound a fresh leaves of Herba (Yerba) Buena and extract the juice. Use round cotton dab with extract juice on the affected area as your temporary filling.
Another pain reliever to your teeth is used a drop of Peppermint oil on the affected site.
Mouth or Canker Sores
Chew Basil Leaves for five to six times a day to treat mouth sores.
Mix ½ teaspoon of Salt into 1 cup warm water then swish around your mouth and spit out, repeat two to three times a day. It helps to reduce swelling and soothe sore gums.
Create a paste using Baking soda and water equal ½ teaspoon of baking soda and water. Daub the paste over sore or canker sore with Q-tip and let it dry. Baking soda and Water help the mouth heal itself by reducing the alkalinity and bacteria in the mouth.
Mix equal parts of water and 3% hydrogen peroxide and apply to sore areas with Q-tip. Hydrogen peroxide is an antiseptic that will reduce the amount of bacteria and help the canker sore heal. (Note) Avoid not swallowing any of the hydrogen peroxide if possible.
Dab Milk of Magnesia on affected spot few times a day. Milk of Magnesia has an antacid effect that neutralizes the acidic environment, changing the pH and makes it less supportive of the bacteria to the mouth that aggravates canker sore.
We know that regular mouth wash does work. However, Using different OTC mouthwashes solutions are specially formulated to treat the canker sore like Diphenhydramine suspension washes (Benadryl Allergy liquid and others). These types of washes generally, treat the pain cause by canker sore.
To alleviate sore throat is to gargle repeatedly a cup of warm water mixed in ½ teaspoon of salt.
Please click thumbs up and leave your comment. It is highly appreciated. Thank you.
Source: Wikihow and Colgate
©Copyright 2013, All Rights Reserved by Dashingme