Desserts for Weight Loss
Who says you have to avoid desserts to lose weight?
There is a workaround to this, you know.
It's true that having desserts for weight loss is not encouraged. However, depriving us from tasty treats can only make us want them more and more. I say the solution is to simply give in!
Are you a dessert lover?
Sweet desserts on Cheat day
Do you know that you're allowed to have one cheat day in your weight loss journey? Of course!
Choose one day of the week where you can indulge. You can enjoy a double scoop of Baskin Robbins' flavored ice cream or a luscious Magnum bar from Wall's without the guilt. Just go for it!
There are several pre-cautions, though.
Cheat day is not a whole day hall pass to eat everything on sight. If you're trying to lose weight, you really have to work for it. That's the cold hard truth.
We must learn to limit our sinful desserts to zero to a minimum to have a successful weight loss. Cheat day is your pass to enjoy tempting sweet desserts to a minimum.
Cheat day comes with a price, too. Here are some of them.
- Exercise extra hard the next time you hit the gym. This is to shake off the calories you consumed on your cheat day.
- Never over-eat during your cheat day. Just because you can doesn't mean you'll conjure all the candies and cookies you can. Choose one of your most-loved dessert treats every week. You'll learn self-discipline in the process.
- Eat in portions. This is true, cheat day or not.
- Eat slowly. Don't eat like you're on a race. Enjoy the flavors, texture and presentation of your food. You'll be able to control your hunger pangs sooner than you think with this habit.
- Share your goodies and the calories. Remember, sharing is caring. You’ll be caring more for yourself if you eat as little chocolate cake as you can.
Healthy Desserts Everyday!
There are desserts intended for weight loss. While many are addicted with sugar-coated desserts, the wise-eater (a-hem!) are eating more foods and losing more weight. This is where healthy desserts come in.
You may have heard of negative calorie foods before. They carry so little calories that eating and digesting them requires more calories from you. Many fruits and vegetables are negative calorie foods. You can enjoy desserts and weight loss with these sweet goodies, without the drawbacks.
These tasty desserts include sweet juicy watermelons, cantaloupe, crunchy carrots, refreshing cucumbers, and so much more! You can eat as much healthy desserts as you want unlike during cheat days where you have to watch what you eat.
You can enjoy both sweet desserts and the healthy ones. Just be sure to be consistent with your exercise so you actually lose weight.
Bookmark or share this page if you enjoyed this bit.