- Diet & Weight Loss
Devil Egg Salad for Low Carb Diets
Good for Lunch or Dinner
The doctor has my husband and me on a low carbohydrate diet. You could get bored eating the same thing every day, so I had to be a little creative. We do like salads with hard boiled eggs on them along with tuna and other ingredients so I thought, why do they just have to be hard boiled eggs, why not Deviled Eggs?
The best thing is it's not even a recipe. It;s just a matter of putting together a salad. I made it for my whole family along with grilled hamburgs. No buns for the low carb dieters.
This is something that is good for lunch or dinner. Since just about everyone loves Deviled Eggs, even the kiddos will eat it. I added a little different ingredients to the eggs to differentiate these from the typical Deviled Eggs.
You could add other ingredients if you like, since salads are very personal. You make it just how you like it. This was the way I made it. Hope you enjoy it!
Deviled Eggs (with a little dill) Salad
They say you eat with your eyes. If it looks appetizing, you will most likely want to eat it and you family will mostly likely want to eat it too.
That's why I try to make my dishes pretty to look at. I think this one is really pretty.
Low Carb Diets
You have to be careful with low carb diets, especially with a lot of protein. They can be very binding, with will create a problem. For this reason you need to add a lot of vegetables with your meals. Lettuce and raw veggies have fiber which is why I like to make salads.
When we don't have a salad then it's meat and vegetables. Fresh fruits are good too. They do have carbohydrates but they are the good carbs.
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE EGGS!
- 1 dozen eggs, hard cooked
- to taste lite mayonaise
- to taste salt and pepper
- to taste dried dill
- a little hot sauce
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE SALAD!
- 1 head Boston or Bib lettuce, washed and cut up
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- to taste cherry or grape tomatoes, red or yellow or both
- about 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 whole English cucumber, sliced thin or chopped
- to taste your favorite salad dressing
- Hard boil your eggs. There are different ways. I put the eggs in a pan and cover them with water and pour a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar in the water and bring it to a boil and let it soft boil for 15 minutes. Then drain out the hot water and run some cold water over the eggs and let them cool before making the Deviled eggs.
- When cool, peel the eggs and cut the eggs in half and scoop out the yolks and place them in a dish. Mash the yolks with a fork.
- Add the dill, salt, pepper, hot sauce and mayonnaise. Add the ingredients a little at a time. You can always add to it, but you can't take an ingredient out. This all depends on how many eggs you cook.
- When the yolks are all mixed with the ingredients, spoon them into the holes in the cooked whites.
- Cut the lettuce up in a nice flat or oval shaped platter and put the rest of the salad ingredients on top and mix it all together. Place the Deviled eggs on top to make a pattern.
- NOTE: I didn't add the salad dressing to this. I like to put the salad dressing bottles on the table and let everyone add the dressing they like to their salad. I usually have two or three different kinds of dressings on the table.