Diabetes: A List of Herbs and Supplements to Help Lower Your Blood Sugar
Natural Ways to Lower Your Blood Sugar
I must stress to you before I even begin my list to consult your doctor and never go off your prescribed medicines without talking to your doctor first about it.
Diabetes is a disease that is detrimental to your physical health as well as your emotional health. Having it is a very depressing daily fight. Especially if you try and cannot control it. I have made a list of different vitamins, herbs and supplements that may help in your battle.
- Cinnamon-On several different hubs I have included this wonderful spice. It has been shown regular consumption of it will help you control your blood sugar.
- Gymnema Sylvestre- this plant's Hindi name literally means sugar destroyer.
- Magnesium- a deficiency of this mineral can cause insulin resistance to worsen.
- Chromium- this mineral is believed to enhance the ability of the body to use insulin better.
- Ginseng- this herb has been shown to slow carbohydrate intake as well as boost energy. It is also a natural aphrodesiac and is a disease fighting plant.
- Bitter Melon- It is thought that the juice slows down absorption of sugar in the intestine and helps cells absorb insulin better.
- Gingko Biloba- helps increase blood flow especially to the eyes.
- Bilberry aka European blueberry- definitely lowers blood sugar and has been used for this purpose for years.
Another definite item that should be used every day is H2O. The more water you drink, the more likely you are to lose weight. It also aids in digestion. Try to stay away from diet pop as well.