Geo-Medicine and Diagnoses Causes of Diseases from a Different Perspective
The New Branch of Medicine - Geo-Medicine
Geo-medicine is the combination of different sciences. the main axis of this science is the GIS technology from a side and the Medicine,Healthcare Planning and Environmental science from another side. Also, social and the economic science can contribute effectively in the Geo-medicine.
- Geo-Medicine can be used as early alarm to the governments by using the GIS research tools to measure the development and prevalence of diseases at the short term or long term of the future.
- Geo-Medicine can be used in many crucial issues related to the public health of the community. it can be used as monitoring system of the health of people.
- Geo-Medicine can be used as very conclusive tool in the scientific research to prove the medical theories which are related to the environmental influences on the health where the medicine couldn't prove it definitely or in another words unable to prove it.
Philosophy of the Geo-Medicine Science
- In 1377 Ibn Khaldoun The founder of science of sociology described the countries with its societies as living organism have its nature. meaning that the state is seen as a child begins to grow up and then grow old and die, and there is no immortal state.
Ibn Khaldoun explained the reasons for the death of nations as follows
- 1- Injustice
- 2- dictatorship
- 3- Corruption economy
- 4- Luxury and moral corruption
- 5- The corruption of the ruling elite
- another physical factor can be added to his theory which can be considered as important factor in the diminishing the age of countries. this factor is the deterioration of the health of the community with its different consequences on the state.
Geo-Medicine considers the countries with its societies as living organisms same as Ibn Khaldoun description of the countries but from another perspective.
The Medicine relies on the medical metrics for the human as evidence to diagnose the diseases. these metrics are constant reference for any doctor to diagnose the different cases.
But, in the Geo-Medicine the metrics are more complicated and with very high cost because the metrics which are required for the Geo-Medicine are billions of records for all the society and it is not only a medical metrics. there are another important metrics which determine the spatial elements , the metric which describe socioeconomic indicators and environmental indicators for the country and above all of that the accuracy,validity,completion and design of the parameters of these records weather it come from surveys or registry in order to diagnose the new potential causes of diseases effectively.
- Geo-Medicine uses the medical metrics from several surveys which are conducted over the years, from the registry of the diseases, from the socioeconomic indicators which produced by the governments and from the outcomes of the scientific research for the environmental indicators in the research institutes so that the metrics which are required for the Geo-Medicine are more bigger and need continuous updating.
- Geo-Medicine expands the scale of vision to the diseases to beyond the scope of human body to become more comprehensive for all variables that surrounds the humans which arise from the accelerated development of civilization, whether are related to the development of lifestyle or technological development or environmental disasters, and their effects on health must be monitored constantly.
Functional similarity between human and the state from the perspective of the theory of Ibn Khaldoun
According to the theory of Ibn Khaldoun for the states, there is a functional similarity between the construction of the body of human and the construction of the state (Society).
Although the difference between Social science and Geo-Medicine. however, Geo-Medicine supported the theory of Ibn Khaldoun also from the perspective of the construction of the both the humans and states (Society)
The Construction of Humans
Cells are the basic building blocks of all living things. The human body is composed of trillions of cells. They provide structure for the body.
There are hundreds of different types of Cells in the human body. Each type performs a specific function and the combination of those functions makes the body work.
If the function of even one type of Cell is interrupted, the entire body can be affected
The Construction of Countries (Socities)
Humans are the basic building blocks of all countries. some of countries are composed of millions or billions of humans. they provide structure for the country.
Functionally, also humans are different in their roles in the society. Each set of Humans performs a specific function and the combination of those functions makes the interactive Society in each country in the world.
Also, if any function of any set of humans is interrupted, the entire society can be affected.
The Medical Endoscope for the Body of Human
Endoscopes were first developed to look at parts of the body that couldn’t be seen any other way.
The medical endoscopes are used in detecting cancer and other abnormal cells on the inner surfaces of the body.
Medical endoscopes enable the doctors to diagnose the diseases.
The Medical Endoscope for the Countries (Societies)
From another perspective the another new endoscope for the countries is totally different from the medical endoscope for the body of human. however, both have the same function which are used to reveal what are couldn’t be seen whether in the inner body or inside the society.
The GIS system for the Geo-Medicine can be considered as a geographical endoscope to detect the abnormal patterns of the concentration of patients in the countries and therefore, diagnose the causes of those abnormal patterns of concentration.