Quick Slim Down Tips Anyone Can Use For Weight Loss
Womens Health: Tips On How To Lose Weight & Feel Great
I want to start out by rephrasing the word diet into a more accepting vision of weight loss because no matter how you slice it diet is a dirty word! Almost instantly the personal rate of failure escalates at the near mention of it. The majority of the time and with a majority of people diets normally only last for a small period of time before we tire of it and toss the towel in (most likely losing some weight only to gain it back and then some, sound familiar? If so read on). On the other hand, when a person makes subtle changes to the way in which they live their life, most often times that person has a higher rate of success because it becomes an ongoing habit. There are several mistakes that can keep you from getting to your goal weight. But, you are not alone, many of us are guilty of one, if not several, of these healthy habit faux pas. So read on for some simple advice on how to avoid excessive bad calorie intake and some clues to what works and what doesn't when it comes to losing weight.
Tip 1 Don't Starve-Eat More!
If the key to losing wait is cutting calories then why not just skip a few meals? Sounds good right? Wrong.... it is probably the absolute worse thing you can do when you are trying to lose weight. Meal-Skipping can actually cause your metabolism to slow down. The calories in your body are then stored for later use rather than being burned. Its as if your body is tricked into thinking that it is being starved. So it stores the calories for later use and begins to burn muscle instead.
Solution: Typically, for excellent weight loss, a person should be eating up to 5 small meals a day (typical portions should be the size of your fist). This accounts for 3 main meals and 2 snacks. The three main meals should always include protein. Protein is a major key to success in the weight loss world because it causes you'r body to work harder to digest it which in turn causes the body to burn more calories (just ask any body builder). Beside protein always include a vegetable and a small amount of carbs (the good ones like a baked potatoe, this will help stray you away from a carb crash). Habitual caloric intake will increase your metabolism thus causing you to burn more calories.
Tip-Remeber, oatmeal is protein too! so if you're in the mood for something sweet add some fruit and a little cinnamon!
Tip-Popcorn sprayed with I cant Believe It's Not Butter spray ( 0 calories/spray) is another ecxellent snack!
Tip 2- Cut Liquid Calories
Obviously, water is the main drink of choice when you are calorie counting but if your anything like me that gets old halfway through the day. By dinner time I am looking for something to drink other than water and there has been times when my hand has reached for a soda, latte, juice, smoothie, sweetened tea, etc. (drinks that are absolutely loaded with sugar and fattening) more than once. So hear are a few great low calorie satisfying drinks that will help in weight loss. More importantly, ones you'll actually enjoy. And no its not slim fast.
1. Water (obviously,but try it with lots of lemon)
2. Unsweetened Ice Tea
3. Regular Tea
4. Coffee (black if you can handle it, if not use artificial sweetener and low fat milk)
5. Crystal Lite Lemonade (Pink or Yellow. Its only 5 calories a glass.)
6. Herbal Tea (green has more calorie burning benefits,with out adding sugar)
Tip- A night on the town can do serious damage to a diet. So before you hit happy hour this Friday check out this site and drink lite!
Tip 3-Excercise With Out Going To The Gym
Lets face it. The best solution to weight loss is exercise but who says to get a great work out you have to spend hours in a gym? There are enormous amounts of other options for burning calories.Feel the burn!
1. Dance, just do it. Whether your out for a night on the town or just inside the house turn up the music and drop some moves. Dancing is a great way to burn calories quickly. (Think Dancing With The Stars, Kelley Osborne lost 30 pounds!)
2. When you're in your car and stuck in traffic- Tighten your arm muscles when you grasp the steering wheel for an interval of 10 seconds with a 2 second rest. Do about 10 reps. So tighten, rest, tighten, rest and so on up to ten. Do the same for your ab muscles while you are sitting but hold for 20 seconds rather than 10.
3. Sorry guys but this is for the girls- Walk around your house in heels (stilettos, preferably). This is good for tightening up your calve muscles and it takes a lot more effort.
4. Just walk, period. Slow, fast, whatever you feel comfortable at for about 20 minutes a day 4 days a week. You will burn up to 200 calories depending on your speed. And it doesn't have to be all at once!. Break it up!
5. Clean the house. Vacuuming is actually a really good calorie burner.
6. Play with your children or with your pet , preferably outside. (Just standing while they play burns up to 95 calories every 30 minutes.)
7. Swim, wherever, whenever you can. You don't have to do laps just bouncing around in the pool is enough. (leisurely swimming around for 30 minutes can have you burning up to 205 calories.)
I hoped you enjoyed my tips. Remember every individual is different. Finding what works for you is the best way to lose weight. When you love it you live it! Wishing you success on all your weight loss goals!