How to Make Homemade Deodorant Toxic Free!
Hard to believe, but antiperspirant deodorant products often contain toxic chemicals and metals that can cause severe harm to the human nervous system. Some antiperspirants contain the ingredient aluminum which has been linked to Alzheimer's disease, cancer, and linked to kidney problems. Could this be the reason why Kourtney Kardashian reality star from "Kourtney and Kim Take Miami" and "Keeping up with the Kardashians showed on her reality show that she has a fear of chemicals when breast feeding and refused to wear deodorant? One common concern about antiperspirant is that they may plug sweat glands and prevent toxins from leaving the body through underarm lymph nodes. So you ask yourself "how can I avoid these toxins"? You can purchase a natural deodorant at your local health food store that does not contain any harsh chemicals or you can make your own at home. Which ever one you choose just remember only you can make changes in your life and in your world with the choices you make today!
Natural Ways to use Deodorant
- Vinegar kills, bacteria, mold, and germs. You can make a diluted (50/50) solution of vinegar and filtered water and spray under arms. Another option is to soak a cotton ball in vinegar and rub under armpits. Dont' worry the vinegar smell will be gone within minutes.
- Lemon rubbed underarm and left on for five minutes then washed off.
- Hydrogen Peroxide can be applied after you shower and rubbed on underarms and left to dry. This is a great natural way to stary odor free.
- Baking Soda free of aluminum is also a great natural remedy. You just need to apply a tiny pinch under arms.
- Unrefined Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is anti-bacterial and will kill the bacteria that cause under arm odor. You can apply after you shower. This oil will be absorbed by your skin and doesn't stain clothing.
*For days when you need a little extra protection against odors under your arms you can use both coconut oil and baking soda together. Apply coconut oil first and then a pinch of baking soda.*
How to Make Homemade Deodorant
This homemade deodorant works better then the healthy deodorants they sell in the health stores. It takes just 5 minutes to make!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (solid state)
- 1/4 cup baking soda (aluminum-free)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- essential oils (optional)
Mix the baking soda and arrowroot powder in a glass bowl.
Add the coconut oil (do not warm or melt it) and use a fork or pastry blender to thoroughly blend it into the dry ingredients.
Add 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oils and blend completely. (this step is optional my personal favorite combo is lavender and peppermint oil!)
Did you use natural deodorant while you where pregnant or breastfeeding?
Other Hubs from this Publisher
- Amazing Beauty Secrets Using Coconut Oil | OnlineBeautyPlace.com
Get amazing beauty secrets using coconut oil. Find out how to care for your hair, skin, nails and much more. Real beauty tips and advice.