Does Aloe Vera Help Acne?
Those who have been afflicted by acne ask the question, does aloe vera help acne problems? The answer is yes, my friend. Both of my parents had acne problems when they were my age. For me to have acne issues as a young adult is quite normal. The generational treatment for such a condition has always been the use of aloe vera.
Why does aloe vera help acne?
· Aloe vera soothes the skin naturally.
· The oily nature of the plant is similar to natural skin oils such as sebum.
· The plant alleviates itchiness and soreness associated with acne.
· It helps to tone the color of the skin and removes acne scars in the long run
· Helps to tighten pores, therefore decreasing the pores exposure to germs
· The aloe vera contains anti-bacterial properties
· One of the medicinal uses of the aloe vera gel is to tighten the skin and slow aging
· It also reinforces the collagen integrity of the skin, which helps the skin to heal faster
· Helps to regulate the correct PH balance of the skin
· Provides the necessary minerals and vitamins that is needed to help heal the skin
· Another medicinal use of aloe vera is to eliminate free radicals from the skin
· Rinsing the aloe vera gel off the face, helps to remove sticky particles that gets trapped by the aloe vera gel
Elements of the Aloe Vera that Helps Acne
These are the nutrients immediately available once the aloe vera sap is applied directly to the skin:
· Contains Polysaccharides that kills bacteria and germs responsible for acne
· It also contains Mannans which is a mild antibiotic which also kills germs.
· Consists of a vital nutrient, Anthraquinones which facilitates the rejuvenation of vital nutrients in the skin
- Contains lectin, which is responsible for proper cell growth and repair.
Topical Application of Aloe Vera
Go directly to the plant, cut a piece large enough to hold in your hand. Trim the jagged edges. Then slice it through the middle like you’re making a sandwich. Then rub the exposed aloe vera gel all over your face, body or the affected area.
This application can be done in the morning, before taking a cold shower for maximum effect. It is best to use cold water to remove aloe vera from the face or body.
It is best to clense the face or body with hot water before applying the aloe vera gel to the skin. Then after applying the aloe vera gel, wait several to 15 minutes then wash with cold water to remove it.
Remember, the hot water removes the stale natural oil (sebum) from the face and then use the aloe vera gel to replenishe it. The cold water prevents the complete removal of the fresh layer of aloe vera just applied to the skin.
It is not recommended to wear the gel continuously throughout the day, especially if it’s humid or hot. The aloe vera gel can be left on during the nights though.
Internal Application of Aloe Vera
Yes, you do have to digest some of the raw aloe vera in order to help alleviate acne problems. The aloe vera makes vitamin C and E more bioavailable in the blood. One of the medicinal uses of aloe vera is to remove free radicals from the skin and other organs. Most free radicals in the body start from the skin, due to the radiation effect of the sun. Therefore the use of aloe vera is important for overall skin and body rejuvenation.
The best way to have it is to cut a small piece of the plant (pill size) and peel all the skin off, and then swallow it. Another option would be to blend that small piece when making a smoothie to kill the bitter taste.
I would suggest that those who are not experienced with the aloe vera plant buy organic aloe vera juice sweetened with honey or cane juice.
General Information on aloe vera: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloe_vera
Research on the medicinal uses of aloe vera: http://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/2012-09/aloe-vera-gel-research-review
It is best to use aloe vera plants that are over four years old for optimum results for topical applications. Experimenting with different application methods is encouraged until an ideal method is found. The medicinal use of aloe vera does not cure acne. It only helps the skin to repair itself and removes the bacterium that is responsible for outbreaks. Other factors that cause acne have to be taken into consideration such as age, lifestyle, genetics, pharmaceuticals and environment.
Are you still wondering does aloe vera help acne?
For More Information on the uses of Aloe Vera;
Spiritual Uses of Aloe Vera: The spiritual uses of the aloe vera plant are vast and wide. Basically I will touch on some of the spiritual applications of aloe vera throughout history and present.
Methods of Growing Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is one of the easiest plants to grow. Due the powerful medicinal uses of aloe vera, it is recommended to have the plant in your home or yard. Therefore, we will describe the correct methods of growing aloe vera.
The Uses of Aloe Vera in Jamaica: The main plant that is used to cure most ailments in Jamaica is the Aloe Vera. Find out the different sicknesses that the plant can cure.
Aloe Vera for Hair: It is a very well known fact that the aloe vera gel is used many commercial hair products. This is because of its natural ability to naturally cure and treat many hair problems.
Nutritional Benefits of Aloe Vera: The nutritional benefits of the plant are many. That is why I dedicated an article listing all the major nutritional benefits of aloe vera.
Check out my profile to follow my Hubs,
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Blog and Pinterest.
Peace and Love My People
Disclaimer: Please note that this Site is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for informed medical advice. Please consult with a qualified health care provider.
Copyright © 2012 Rasta1