Does Vitamin D3 help prevent Cancers?
New advice tells us to supplement with Vitamin D
There has been a lot of discussion in the media recently regarding Vitamin D3 and its benefits to our health. After much research and many studies we are being advices to take vit D3 supplements.
Vitamin D3 is usually made through exposing of our skin to sunlight. We can also get some Vitamin D3 from diet. Unfortunately in the uk our sunlight hours are limited and also the bad quality of much of our food means that the vitamins are just not available in the amounts needed.
However if we ate good quality organic food including fish eggs and cows milk along with a good amount of time spent every day in the sun this would improve our VItamin D3 levels and therefore reduce our risk of many illnesses including Cancer,Cardiovascular disease and many more.
WHat does vitamin D3 do?
- Increases Calcium absorption
- Is involved in maturing of white blood cells
- Helps to regulate blood Sugar
Am I low in Vitamin D3?
How do I know I am low in vitamin D3? It is estimated that around 40% of Americans are deficient in this vitamin.
Signs you may have low vitamin D levels
- Aches and pains
- General tiredness
- Trouble with your digestive system
Vitamin D3 is an essential vitamin for good health
- Most people are low in Vitamin D3
- Vitamin D is made in the body from the sun.
- Indoor lifestyle contributes to low vitamin D
- Many diseases could be reduced by vitamin D supplementation
- Cancer risk could be reduced by 50%
- Vitamin D also helps keep your immune system healthy
- Vitamin D can also help prevent hypertension, heart disease and stroke.
- Low levels of vitamin d can speed up bone loss and increase the risk of fractures.
- Studies show adults need between 800 and 2000 IU daily