Hoping for the best expecting the worse
LIFE TAKES US IN DIRECTIONS WE NEVER INTENDED & DON'T WANT TO GO
A study by the John Hopkins University showed 258 heart attack patients that were even slightly depressed, had a five times higher greater risk of dying after a heart attack then those that were not depressed.
Loss of companionship, social isolation, and loneliness increase every risk to a major disease including cancer, mental illness and heart disease.
"Is that all there is" mentality holds us back from acknowledging what is good about our lives, work, relationships and ourselves.
Factors influencing happiness
Each one of these fuels the other and ignoring any one of these puts us a real risk to loosing health and happiness.
- Struggling with depression, worry and anxiety
- Anger, hostility, cynicism
- Loneliness and isolation
- Family and marriage tension and conflict
Thinking about your problems, with all doubt and a lowered self esteem generates more suffering.
What you think you get
Stress symptoms caused
To be nurtured
To feel good enough
Irritability, obsessing, guilt
To feel finished
Anxiety & urgency
To feel safe
Difficulty making decisions
To feel understood
Guilt, anxiety, withdrawn
To feel deserving of rest
Exhaustion and joylessness
Happier people are healthier, their recovery from illness is quicker and live longer overall.
Happier people take better care of themselves and show positivity in all life's balances.
By assuming the worst outcome for every situation, we forget to rethink and ask ourselves will it really go that bad? Even if it does what would we do? Will it be so catastrophic?
Remind yourself of all the situations you have handled before.
Will the situation affect me in a week, a year, ten years? And what if I don't try at all?
Gaze upwards and onwards, get past your personal struggles and believe in SOMETHING and DO IT!!
"Live like you were dying"- Tim McGraw
- What visions do you have in your life?
- What do you want to learn more about
- What do you do to maintain and enhance your health?
- What are your true talents?
- What would you do for your perfect job?
- What family do you want to see more/less of?
How do you spend your 168 hours per week
What we need to do more of !!
- Learn something new
- Drink water
- Get proper rest
- Make time for hobbies
- Eat for high performance and energy
- Have loving, intimate relationships
- Have some fun
- Remind yourself of the meaning of your life and what you're working for!!