Do Not Drink Tap Water
Water is Essential to your Health
Do Not Drink the Water
Today, after watching Dr. Oz's presentation called,"Don't Drink the Water," I felt compelled to share this vitally important message.
Dr. Oz addressed and challenged his audience to take responsibility for the water that flows through the tap and into their homes. He talked about the enemies that lurk within our water and shared some great resources including instructions on how to a obtain water report for your specific area.
He admonished his audience to never ever give a child a bath filled with ordinary tap water. You see your skin is the largest organ of your body. Can you imagine how much fluoride etc. your body soaks in during a bath?
He said that a baby sitting in tap water, or anyone standing under a shower, absorbs far more contaminants (like chlorine and fluoride) than they do when they are drinking it. That is a startling fact. I have to admit I've never considered these dangers before watching this show.
Clean Drinking Water
Drinking Water Quality
In this article we will:
Examine Drinking Water Quality and Discuss Pure Drinking Water Options
- What lurks in your tap water?
- A look at Bottled Water
- The connection between good health and pure water
Introduce Cutting Edge Technologies:
- Save you Money
- Make it possible to drink clean, pure water from your own home
- Give you peace of mind
- Go beyond any other water filtration (introducing Alkaline-Ionized Water)
I will seek to Identify many of the health risks connected to impure drinking water and share solutions that are affordable, practical and healthful.
Next, we will take a closer look at your water. Not all water is created equal and most likely the water coming out of your tap is not fit for bathing in or drinking.
Pills on Tap
Not All Water Is Equal
Not All Water Is Created Equal.
Water in its original state was pure, clean, hydrating and good for you. Today the water that flows from our taps have many toxins, medications (flushed down the toilet and into our water supply) and high acidity.
Our municipalities add chlorine, chloramines, fluoride and all sorts of other chemicals to adjust the flavor, kill bacteria and cover odors. Each of these toxic materials has nasty side effects. Then there are increasing levels of pesticides and toxic metals leaching into the water from farming and manufacturing each year.
To find reports about your local drinking water click: LOCAL WATER REPORT
Good clean water is foundational to your health. Many people are somewhat aware of the dangers hidden in drinking water from the tap. When it comes to most tap water, "Don't Drink the Water!"
I am always amazed when I go to the grocery store to see people buying bottled water. I wonder if they know about the inconsistencies found in the cleanliness and purity of bottled water.
I also wish that more people knew that there are much better options.
- Is Expensive
- Is an unreliable source of clean water (whose Spring?)
- Packaging in plastic bottles is NOT safe
- I've witnessed bottled vs. Tap water being tested = no difference between the two - what a crock!
Read on to learn about various methods of changing tap water into clean, pure, living water that will promote good health.
Benefits of Alkaline Water
- Alkaline water neutralizes acidity in the body caused by stress, diet & air pollution.
- A higher pH in the body reduces the need for fat & cholesterol, protecting the body from damaging acids.
- Abundant Negatively charged hydroxyl ions, (OH -) are found in alkaline water. These hydroxyl ions act as natural antioxidants and neutralize harmful free radicals.
- Improves the body's absorption of essential nutrients
- Improves body function by cleaning your cells from the inside out.
- Using water with a higher pH level improves the taste of beverages and food.
- Alkaline water tastes lighter with a pleasantly sweet flavor.
- Cooking with alkaline water improves taste & quality of foods
Provides superior hydration and nutrition at the cellular level.
- Ionization breaks clusters of water molecules into smaller micro-clusters, reducing the size of the clusters from the 11-16 molecules in standard water to just 5-6 molecules in ionized water. Smaller clusters pass through cell walls more easily and hydrate the cells more quickly.
- Faster hydration allows the body to regulate its temperature more efficiently.
- Micro-clusters of mineral-bearing ionized water also delivers nutrients more efficiently to the cells
Detoxifies cells more efficiently than standard drinking water.
- Due to their smaller size, micro-clusters of ionized water molecules are expelled from the cells more efficiently, carrying damaging toxins out of the cells and flushing them out of the system.
- The negative charge of ionized alkaline water will attract the positive ions of acids and neutralize them within the body.
Clean, healthy water is easily absorbed by your body and hydrates and nourishes it. The best great tasting water with antioxidant properties and proper pH levels for drinking is called Alkaline water.
Natural Alkaline Water
The Best Ionized Alkaline Water
While ionized Alkaline water units have been on the market for years, they have also been very expensive. Recently the supplier for Indoor Environmental Systems found a new superior alkalized water unit, which costs 2/3 less than the unit we had planned on purchasing.
You will find the Ionized Alkaline Water Product our friend Mark referred to here. This website is informative and will educate you on more health benefits and details about this quality product.
We now own this unit. When we first received it my husband was intent on testing the water created by the unit. He and I were both very pleased to find the water to be -9.5 which is really great for alkaline water.
The Body Needs Water
Drink Water for Your Health
Did you know....?
- Regulates body temperature
- Transports nutrients and oxygen
- Helps detoxify the kidneys and liver
- Dissolves vitamins and minerals
- Cushions the body from injury by lubricating joints.
The human body is composed of 25 percent solid matter (the solute) and 75 percent water (the solvent).
The average body contains 40 to 50 quarts of water. Your blood is 82 percent water, muscles are 75 percent water, the brain is 75 percent water and bone is 22 percent water.
Red Blood Cells Immersed in Distilled Water
Years ago I was told, by a holistic nutritionist, that I should drink distilled water. I did drink it for a while but then began doing research because I knew that the minerals were taken out of distilled water and couldn't believe it would be good for me in the long-term.
What I learned was that when red blood cells are immersed in distilled water, they slowly swell until they burst. That’s not good!
Clean Drinking Water
As you reflect on the vital need for clean water
- Save money by purchasing a quality water unit for your home
- Purchase a shower head that filters your water. Use it to fill your bathtub.
- Owning a unit means no more running to the store to buy unreliable bottled water.
- Research Alkaline Ionized water.
Our health is dependent upon a clean and pure source of water. I hope this article has given you information to help you make good decisions about the water you and your family needs.
I wish you the best as you journey through this life and strive to care for the One and Only Body entrusted to you by our Creator God.
Don't Drink the Water
Did you learn anything from this Hub?
© 2009 Susan Ream