Earwax Removal - The Baking Soda Recipe
Ear wax is usually tolerated by most individuals without any problems. Ear wax is secreted by the glands in the ear in order to lubricate the ear canal. It also helps with keep water out of the ear, protects the inner ear from bacteria, dirt and foreign particles. Usually we don't need to remove ear wax from our ears. However, many of us feel the need to remove ear wax by using Q tips, although some wax can be removed this way it is more likely to push the ear wax towards the eardrum where it will become impacted. There is also a risk of perforation to the ear drum, therefore not recommended.
The only time ear wax needs to be removed from the ear is if it's interfering with hearing aids or affecting the quality of the individuals hearing.
This recipe is a safe and effective way to remove ear wax at home.
What do I need?
- Baking Soda (Bicarbonate of Soda) 1/2 teaspoon
- 10mls of warm water (approx 2 teaspoons)
- An ear dropper or medicine dropper (these can be purchased very cheaply from most drugstores of chemists).
- Add the warm water to the container. You can use any small container - just make sure it is clean.
- Drop the Baking Soda into the warm water and mix until dissolved.
- Place the dropper into the water and withdraw approx 4 drops of solution. Place into each ear (without pushing the dropper too far into the ear). You do not need to do anything else at this point.
- Continue the above process twice a day for a week.
You can use the same batch of solution for up to a week as long as you are using a sealed container. Place the container in some warm water to gently heat the solution before using.
Would you feel confident using this recipe for ear wax removal?
- Always make sure the water is warm as cold water can make you feel dizzy.
- Do not push the dropper into the ear canal, you only need place it at the edge of the ear canal and tip you head away in order for the solution to run into your ear.
- Do not place anything else in your ear or attempt to use any instruments to remove ear wax.
- If there is no improvement after a week of this treatment then get your health care provider to look in your ears.
Note: The guide is not meant to be fully comprehensive and is meant for information only. The author makes no guarantee, either expressed or implied, regarding the efficacy or use for any reason of the information contained within this article.
- How to remove Ear Wax safely.
Ear wax protects our inner ear, but a build up can be annoying and even restrict our hearing.