Earache Relief – Home Remedy Tips
Buy earache relief products on Amazon
Ear is rich in sensory nerves, most of which belong to trigeminal nerve, and are distributed around ear tragus, part of the helix skin, anterior wall of the external auditory canal, and the surface of tympanic membrane. Some of the sensory nerves come from the neck, are located in the back and front of the surface of the ear, the great auricular nerve has branches that are located in the external ear canal. The vagus nerve has two auricular branches, one located in concha, external auditory canal wall and tympanic membrane, the other is distributed in the the back of auricle and its adjacent skin. The pathological changes of these nerves or diseases of the outer ear or middle ear all can cause earache.
Earache is a common disease, you may experience throbbing, dull pain or tingling pain. The pain itself is caused mostly by disease of the ear, but it also can be caused by response of the nerves. There are several common reasons that can cause earache.
1, Ear diseases, which
- auricular hematoma.
- ear purulent perichondritis
- auricular frostbite
- ear erysipelas
- ear herpes zoster.
- foreign body of the external auditory canal
- swollen ear canal
- ear trauma
- necrotizing otitis externa.
2, middle ear diseases, which include:
- tympanic membrane injury
- bullous myringitis
- acute suppurative otitis media
- traumatic middle ear pressure
- middle ear carcinoma
3, secondary earache, also known as reflex earache, which is common in the following situations:
- Temporomandibular joint and the surrounding tissue diseases, such as jaw arthritis, mumps, etc.
- Ear lymph node inflammation
- Reflex earache caused by oral and nasal disease through the temporal branch of trigeminal nerve
- Throat diseases, such as tonsil disease, tonsil surgery, pharyngeal cancer, throat ulcers ,laryngeal tuberculosis, laryngeal cancer, larynx Perichondritis and so on.
- Nervous earache, the throbbing earache is sometimes caused by trigeminal nerve, with paroxysmal and brief characteristics, or by glossopharyngeal nerve, with throbbing pains and trigger point in the oral cavity.
Home remedies to relieve earache
- Take antibiotics or pain relief pills, however, you should first consult a doctor before taking any medicine.
- Use a hot towel for external application.
- You may squeeze the nose while swallowing some saliva to open the eustachian tube to reduce the negative pressure and relive your earache.
- If you are having throbbing pain, fever or trauma of the external ear canal, go to the hospital to see a doctor.
There are also some tips to relieve earache when you are listening to MP3.
Listen to the music in quiet environment, because studies have shown that in a quiet environment, most of the headphone output sound is almost the same, however once the external environment becomes noisy, there will be different interference to headphone output.
it is best not to listen to the music using headphones while you are doing exercises, because exercises make your inner ear blood supply instable
Control the volume of you MP3 or mobile phone, it is recommended that you adjust the volume to 40-50 dB, you should not exceed 60% of the maximum volume (MP3 maximum volume of 100 dB).
Control the time you are listening to music using headphones. Because even if the volume is appropriate, listening for too long will also cause damage to your hearing ability. What’s more, you’d better not wear headphones while asleep. If you are listening to light or popular music, it’s great that you take a 15 minutes break very 100 minutes.
Also, stay away from fireworks, drums and other noisy environment, choose earmuffs or sponge earplugs to protect your hearing. Basically, a good ear plug for hearing protection have the following characteristics:
- can better seal the ear;
- can effectively filter noise;
- feel comfortable when worn;
- easy to use.
In addition, you should try to shorten the time of using of mobile phones to avoid further damage to your hearing. When using mobile phone, try to put the phone away from your ear to reduce the side effect caused by electromagnetic waves.
If there is dizziness, earache, tinnitus, hearing loss and other symptoms, you should promptly go to the hospital to do otology test.
- Home Remedies for Earache - Important Tips
Earache is a common disease that can occur both in children and adults, it may cause sharp tingling, dull or throbbing pains in the ear. Generally speaking, adults are less likely to suffer from earaches...