Exercise Essentials Made Easy - What You Must Know - What You Must Teach Your Children
To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
Motivational Fitness Poster
Exercise should be an item for health not beauty. Beauty is a by product of great health. If we feel good, we will look good. The old comedian line of all that really matters is only how you look not how you feel is only a joke. Have we forgotten it is a joke?
We need our health and there are some exercise facts that are essential that we all should know. Sadly too many truths are reserved for those who have the funds to pay for the fancy personal trainers. We need education and training for everyone - and all ages. Let's start learning. Let's start teaching our children today!
Motivational Quotes to Remember
Exercise to be healthy not skinny.
Eat to be nourished.
Always Ignore doubters.
You are worth more than you realize.
Children's Education Essentials for Exercise
Children are intellectual sponges when they are young. When we teach our children when they are young, they retain that knowledge base for the remainder of their life. We must start teaching health when our children are small. We need to increase our education and training for our children and give them the basics so they know their human body and importantly so they know how to train their human body.
Exercise essentials for our children are the same for adults. Yes, the muscles in young ones are never tight, yes, the children really cannot feel a tight muscle stretch out because they have never felt it but teaching them how to stretch and why when they are young will give the children something that cannot be taken away from them - knowledge. If we train our children when they are young, they will be empowered as age creeps upon them and they will expect the changes and have the tools to adapt much better than we did. We had to learn the hard way - out of necessity. They have the opportunity to forestall the atrophy of muscles, they can better fright the coach potato syndrome if they understand the physiological consequences.
I don't care for the knowledge when needed. Knowledge is knowledge. Let's not preclude our children from the knowledge of philosphy, the science of logic or the science of exercise. Let's change our educational system and give our children the information we need as adults.
"Exercise EVERY day."
Strength training is recommended twice a week.
"60 Minutes of Exercise Every Day."
AMA Exercise Recommendation
60 minutes = 1 hour
1 hour divided by 24 = 4.2%
"Exercise one hour a day for the greatest dividends to your mind, body and soul."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Eight Exercise Paradigms in Society Exposed
Exercise does create energy. We must remember we can change not just our strength but our stamina too. Additionally, impartial research (verses commercialized research - research supported for a commercial purpose) has shown that exercise does promote better brain activity.
- Stairs should be encouraged and kept clean and well lite. Elevators should never be encouraged - always should be optional.
- Portion sizes should be denoted on all package on the front in point size 14 or larger.
- The number of teaspoons of salt and sugar should be symbolized on the front of every packaged food. (Banning extreme large potions is not the answer, the answer is mandating single serving sizes at the same price tag.)
- Exercise must be prescribed in conjunction with all psychological medications.
- Exercise must an integral part of daily care for all patients and caregivers.
- We should know our personal health numbers just as we know our ABCs. What is our resting heart rate, our cholesterol, our blood pressure, etc...
- Exercise is a privilege to be cherished and shared.
- Exercise is a joy.
"Any exercise is better than none."
"Exercise is a joy."
Take Our Essential Exercise Quiz - Test Your Knowledgeview quiz statistics
Essential Exercise Knowledge
- Improper posture is a health hazard
- Steep stairs are a health hazard
- Lack of muscle tone is a health hazard
- Lack of cardio slows your metabolism
- Salt makes fat around the heart
- Standing abdominal crunches work.
- Wall push ups are better than no push ups.
- Any exercise is better than none.
- Start small but remain dedicated and your health will improve.
- The way to become a fox is to a rabbit for cardiovascular exercise and a turtle for target toning.
Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
"Exercise and application produce order in our affairs, health of body, cheerfulness of mind, and these make us precious to our friends."
~Thomas Jefferson ~
Exercise Essentials - What It Can Do For You
This new found knowledge can change your life's trajectory and put you on track for a healthier you. It will not replace hard work and dedication.
These exercise essentials do not replace the contributions that a personal trainer can make in your life.
If you need a personal trainer to get you on track and motivate you, you now understand the critical nature of starting today.
Do seek a trainer that provides the energy and nutrition knowledge you need to make real and lasting changes in your life.
A personal trainer may be the best investment you have ever made for your life in your lifetime - get started today and make exercise, proper nutrition and proper posture a priority on a daily basis.
Share Your Thoughts
What did we leave out? What do you consider important? What has served to motivate you and your family to better health? Do you exercise every day? Do you strength train twice a week? If not, what are your excuses?