- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Easy Treatments for Constipation
We've all been burdened with the symptoms of constipation, somehow. Well, at least most of us had.
Constipation is very common in many households. It’s not surprising really, especially with the oily foods, fatty acids and low fiber diet that we have been eating.
And who’s to blame? The food industry has been so generous to make these foods cheap and accessible. Might as well embrace this gastrointestinal disorder as a way of life and hope for the best.
Causes of constipation
Constipation is a problem for people one or more of the following conditions:
- Low fluid intake
- Low fiber diet
- Sedentary lifestyle
- High fatty diet
- High intake of dairy products
If you are to eat dairy products have them with fiber at least (e.g. baked spinach with cheese).
- High stress levels
- Disrupted schedule of bowel movement
- Irregular bowel movement
- Under certain medications
- With medical condition
To some constipation is a chronic ailment that is triggered with any of causes of constipation mentioned above.
The difficulty of extracting bowels arise when our wastes become too hard and dry that they find it difficult to pass through our colons. Weak abdominal muscles may also contribute constipation if it fails to help the mobility of our waste out of our system.
Get your fibers here!
Home treatments for constipation
Because the causes of constipation are mostly evident, it can be treated or avoided with simple lifestyle changes.
1. Drinking water more often. Not only can water soften hardened bowels, it also helps in moving them along. If you are barely drinking water, it will be difficult for the body to extract its toxic wastes.
2. Add fruits and vegetable to your diet. Fiber and water can help move bowels. Fruits and vegetables contain generous amounts or soluble and insoluble fibers. Insoluble fibers are not digested further by the body. They will exit our system together with the other waste products from the foods we eat.
3. Stay away from oily foods. Fatty foods like burgers and pizza are likely to be low in fiber.
4. Cinnamon, hot coco, ginger tea and honey can stimulate waste passage to some people. It’s important though that you should go attend to your “business” when the bowels begin to move. Never miss an opportunity to go.
5. Exercise as often as you can. This promotes stronger muscles that will help eliminate wastes when need be. Running, jogging, planking and push-ups are some of the exercises that can help.