Obesity- Causes, Diseases, and Easy Ways to Lose Weight.
How People Become Obese?
A person who is overweight may not have it congenitally. The factors like genetics, overeating, less sleep, lack of exercise or certain hormonal dis-balance may give rise to obesity. A person having a good metabolic rate may put on weight slowly versus a person whose metabolic rate is slow may become plump very quickly.
Our metabolic rate:- Intake of food high in carbohydrates, less in protein and fibers slows our metabolic rate i.e. whatever food we consume gets converted into fat directly. Sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity worsen the situation. A person suffering from it tends to eat more. Overeating makes it permanent hence a vicious cycle of gaining weight continues.
Hereditary Factors:- Researches have shown that obese parents tend to have obese offspring. Certain hormonal disorders are passed from parents to their children like thyroid. Genetical disorder gives rise to less production of a fat regulation hormone called Leptin, which helps to control appetite.
Food Habits :- Higher intake of sugars and fats increase blood sugar level and are easily absorbed in blood streams. More insulin is released in our body which contributes to weight gain. Some food items that come to this list are cold drinks, fast food, sweets, and desserts.
Obesity is like an epidemic
Diseases Caused by Obesity
People suffering from obesity are at a great risk of suffering from various diseases. Obesity is not only a cosmetic problem; rather it is a health hazard. The problems associated with obesity are numerous. It is the root cause of several dreadful diseases like: -
1) High Blood Pressure
4) Gallbladder disease and gallstones.
7) Breathing problems, such as sleep apnea (when a person stops breathing for short episodes during sleep) and asthma.
8) Heart Diseases and Stroke
Obesity and Pregnancy
Obesity may be taken seriously before conceiving, women affected by obesity not only have problems with fertility but are also at a greater risk of big complications.
Such pregnancy complications include:
- having a Caesarean section
- giving birth to a large baby
Maintaining the right range of Body Mass Index
Healthy Brunch Recipe- My Hub
Easy Ways to Reduce Weight
The reason behind obesity could be many. It may be psychological or due to pre-existing genetic conditions but the surveys have shown that the biggest factor for obesity is our diet and mechanical lifestyle. It is proven that even a minor weight loss can bring significant improvement in our health. The slim body helps us to regain our self-confidence. We can lose weight without spending a fortune. Here are some simple but amazing tips to regain your self-confidence. You don’t need to exercise for several hours or refrain yourself from enjoying your favourite food.
Here we go:-
1) Cut out the liquid calories: - First thing you need to do is stop consuming soft drinks, sugary beverages, and Juices etc. Instead, you should take Lemon water, Coconut water, Green Tea or buttermilk (made from skimmed milk). We don't realize how much calories we add into our daily diet just by adding liquid calories.
(Must try drink:- Boil green tea with ginger slices. Squeeze half a lemon in it. Replace your regular tea or coffee with this drink. This refreshing drink helped me to lose weight very quickly.)
2) Hydrate yourself: - Double the amount of water you drink. Drink 2 glasses of water in the morning and one glass of water each hour throughout the day. Water keeps our stomach full and flushes out toxins from our body.
(Consuming hot water may double the benefits)
3) Breakfast is a must: - Start your day with healthy breakfast packed with a lot of proteins and fiber. Have sprouts, eggs, fruits, yogurt (made up of skimmed milk) and brown bread in the morning. It would keep you energized and full. Eating fiber suffices your appetite.
(Add a lot of whole grains, nuts and seeds in your breakfast. Roast a tbsp of flax seeds and have them daily.)
4) Healthy Snacking: - If you feel hungry between the meals have some nuts and fruits. Don’t starve yourself. Having a handful of dry fruits keeps you full. Try to have snacks packed with fibers and proteins.
(For snacking always have almonds and walnuts, great for losing weight and packed with super nutrients.)
5) Sleep Well: - You should take a sound sleep of 7-8 hours at night. It keeps our endocrine system sound . Sleeping less may evoke hunger hormones.
(The rule of Early to bed and Early to rise is great)
6) Exercise: - Make it a habit to exercise daily for about 30 minutes. Exercise improves our metabolic rate and burns extra calories. Morning exercises evoke the alert hormones to make you feel active. Cycling, running or swimming are great and the easiest way to shed all those extra pounds.
(Try to use stairs instead of a lift.)
7) Pursue your hobby: - Pursuing your hobby not only keeps you happy and confident but also fit and active. Sports, painting, cooking, playing with kids and pets may help you to burn 250 to 300 calories a day.
8) Fight Stress: - Stress is one of the reasons that may lead to instant weight gain. If you feel that you are stressed, you should try meditation and eat healthily. Try to develop sound sleeping routine.
9) Count your Calories: - Write down whatever you eat. Make a chart of 3 meals and 2 snacks diet. Your calorie intake should range between 1200 to 1500 a day.
10) Motivate and reward yourself: - Make a goal and weigh yourself regularly. Treat yourself when you have achieved your set goals.
11) Eat to lose weight:- Add garlic, turmeric, apples, cucumber, and bottle gourd in your diet, Eat a clove of raw garlic on empty stomach daily, it melts the fat very fast.
Which method do you found best to lose weight?
Some Don’ts for Dieters
1) Don’t sit for a long time continuously, even if you are not eating anything. Sedentary lifestyle should be avoided.
2) Don’t consume junk food and edibles made up of refined flour as it makes you feel hungrier.
3) Don’t starve or exercise rigorously as it is detrimental to health when you are overweight.
4) Don’t be a couch potato, watching TV and munching unhealthy snacks are the biggest factors for obesity.
Sound Body Sound Mind
These tips are not only required to lose weight but also for a healthy person to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. We should feed our children and family members with healthy food. We all know how lethal the obesity for our health and mind is. There is a requirement to do a little moderation in our lifestyle and eating habits Inculcating good food habits and healthy lifestyle values in ours children is a must. We all can lead a healthy and happy life.