- Diet & Weight Loss
How Can Coconut Oil Help to Fight Obesity
Eat Fat To Lose Fat!!!!
Who doesn't want to lose those extra pounds!
© Chitrangada Sharan Sept. 2014
All Rights Reserved.
- There is no end to the experiments, people undergo to lose those extra kilos. Something which works for a particular person, may not work for another person.
The reason is very simple---
In addition to the various methods one tries, the key factor is,
"determination and consistency."
And this is true for any kind of success that we want to achieve in various goals of our lives.
What goes wrong with diets?
- Lots of people who want to lose weight experiment with low fat diets.
- Usually they start with lot of enthusiasm but soon the euphoria dies down after initial and partial weight loss.
- The failure to maintain and sustain the same eventually leads the kilos to bounce back.
- It is a sad fact that most of the people who lose weight; gain all the weight back, rather more within a year or so.
- The need as mentioned earlier is to be consistent and sustain and maintain the optimum weight that you have reached.
Some amount of Fat is essential in our diet!
- According to the health experts and nutritionists, those who get an adequate amount of fat in their diet generally eat less than those who try to reduce their fat intake.
- This is due to the simple fact that fat satisfies hunger.
- As a result it reduces appetite and lowers food consumption.
- Even though fat contains more calories than protein or carbohydrates, it is effective on curbing appetite. and this compensates for the extra calories.
How is coconut oil beneficial in losing fat?
According to health experts, Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides or MCT.
- A diet which contains MCT is digested very quickly. Our body goes on to use this fat as energy or fuel instead of storing and adding to our body fat.
- MCT as a source of energy does not flow into the bloodstream like other fats. And thus the fat in the coconut oil is not added to the fat cells and so they do not add to the body weight.
- MCT is a metabolism booster as they are the fuel from which the body produces energy.
- In such process the body increases its use of Calories, resulting in a higher rate of burning of Calories that are contributed by other foods which we eat.
- Studies by health experts has shown that the boost in metabolism from MCTs present in Coconut oil is effective up to twenty four hours after the food is cooked in it.
- People suffering from low thyroid activity and as a result low rate of metabolism can use Coconut oil to boost their metabolism, which can help them in reducing weight.
How to make coconut oil at home, Source: YouTube
Coconut oil actually helps you to reduce your fat!
Coconut oil actually helps to reduce body fat and subsequently leads to weight loss.
The reason lies in its natural , low calorie fat content.
And because it contains less calories compared to other types of fat, it is very effective in the slimming process.
Food cooked with coconut oil as the medium is as good as eating food with lesser calories.
Besides its quality of being lesser in calorie, its effects on boosting metabolism is also beneficial in weight loss.
As we know people with slower metabolism tend to gain weight very easily.
Processing virgin coconut oil, source: YouTube
- There are many factors which must be considered and followed when you want to lose that ugly fat.
- Besides regular exercise or practicing Yoga or any other fitness activities, we must pay attention to what we are eating.
- Crash diets can be harmful and you may temporarily lose some weight.
- A proper understanding of the right foods is a must with the advice of your diet and nutrition expert to achieve your ideal weight.
- By using Coconut oil in preparing your food, you can eat the same types of food as you normally do but then you consume lesser calories.
- People tend to eat less food and feel fuller for a longer period till the next meal.
It is advisable to consult your nutritionist or medical expert, before starting any diet or food and do your own research to determine whether a particular food, in this case coconut oil suits you or not. As different people may react differently to certain foods.
The information provided in this hub is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your physician, or health care provider before taking any home remedies.
© Chitrangada Sharan 1st Sept. 2014
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
You tube video on benefits of coconut oil
Which oil you use in your daily cooking?
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- Super Food Oats:Easy Oats Recipes For Healthy Breakf...
Heart ailments are increasing everyday all over the world. Its important to watch what we are eating. Including healthy Oats in our diet, may be the first step towards a healthy Heart. See the recipes.
- Soyabean : The Wonderful Source Of Protein, Its Hea...
If you are a Vegetarian and always thinking of increasing your Protein intake, this article is for you. Soyabean is very high in Protein content required for growth, energy and other multiple benefits.
- How To Detoxify Naturally | 7 Days Effective Detox D...
Do you have a tendency to overindulge? Have you been feeling sluggish, bloated, sleep deprived, difficulty in losing weight? You might need a Detox Diet Plan. It can help you to manage weight as well
- Flax Seeds: The Health Benefits And Easy Recipes In ...
Recently my friend's husband was advised by the Nutritionist to include Flax seeds in his daily diet as he had reduced level of HDL. Sharing the health benefits of Flaxseeds as told by the Nutrition.
- How To Make Your Bones Strong And Healthy~~Food And ...
Bone health is very important for living a normal and healthy life. Proper attention must be paid to Specific food and exercises meant to improve bone health to prevent Arthritis and Osteoporosis.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan