How Can Coconut Oil Help to Fight Obesity
Eat Fat To Lose Fat.
Who doesn't want to lose those extra pounds?
There is no end to the experiments, people undergo to lose those extra body weight. Something, which works for a particular person, may not work for another person.
The reason is very simple---
In addition to the various methods one tries, the key factor is always,
"determination and consistency."
And, this is true for any kind of success, which we want to achieve, in achieving the various goals of our lives.
What goes wrong with the diets?
- Lots of people, who want to lose weight, experiment with low fat diets.
- Usually, they start with lot of enthusiasm, but soon the euphoria dies down, after the initial and partial weight loss.
- The failure to maintain and sustain the same, eventually leads the body weight, to bounce back.
- It‘s a sad reality, that most of the people who lose weight; gain all the weight back, rather more, within a year, or so.
- The basic need, as mentioned earlier, is to be consistent, and sustain, and maintain, the optimum weight, that you have reached.
Did you know that some amount of fat is essential in our diet?
- According to the health experts and nutritionists, those who get an adequate amount of fat in their diet, generally eat less, than those who try to reduce their fat intake.
- This is due to the simple fact, that the fat content in our food, satisfies our hunger.
- As a result, it reduces the appetite, and lowers our food consumption.
- Even though the fat contains more calories, than protein or carbohydrates, it is effective on curbing appetite, and this compensates for the extra calories.
How is the coconut oil, beneficial in losing extra body fat?
According to the health experts, Coconut oil contains medium chain triglycerides or MCT.
- A diet which contains MCT, is digested very quickly. Our body goes on to use this fat, as energy or fuel, instead of storing and adding to our body fat.
- MCT as a source of energy, does not flow into the bloodstream like other fats. And thus, the fat in the coconut oil, is not added to the fat cells, and so they do not add to the body weight.
- MCT is a metabolism booster, as they are the fuel from which, the body produces energy.
- In such process, the body increases it’s use of the Calories, resulting in a higher rate of burning of the Calories, that are contributed by other foods, which we eat.
- Studies by the health experts has shown, that the boost in metabolism from the MCTs present in the Coconut oil, is effective up to twenty four hours, after the food is cooked in it.
- People suffering from low thyroid activity, and as a result low rate of metabolism, can use Coconut oil, to boost their metabolism, which can help them in reducing the extra body weight.
How to make coconut oil at home, Source: YouTube
Coconut oil, actually helps you to reduce the extra body fat.
Coconut oil actually helps to reduce the excess body fat, and subsequently leads to weight loss.
The reason lies in it’s natural, low calorie fat content.
And, because it contains less calories, compared to some other types of fat, it is very effective in the slimming process.
The food cooked with coconut oil as the medium, is as good as eating food, with lesser calories.
Besides, it’s quality of being lesser in the calorie count, it’s effects on boosting the metabolism, is also beneficial in weight loss.
As we all know, that people with slower metabolism, tend to gain weight, very easily.
Process of making virgin coconut oil, source: YouTube
- There are many factors which must be considered and followed, when we want to lose that ugly body fat.
- Besides regular exercise, or practicing Yoga, or any other fitness activities, we must pay attention to what we are eating.
- Crash diets can be harmful, and we may temporarily, lose some weight.
- A proper understanding of the right foods is a must, with the advice of your dietitian and nutrition expert, to achieve the ideal body weight.
- By using Coconut oil in preparing our food, we can eat the same types of food as we normally do, but then try to consume lesser calories.
- People tend to eat less food, and feel fuller for a longer period, till the next meal.
It is advisable to consult your nutritionist or medical expert, before starting any diet program, or skipping food. Carefully do your own research to determine, whether a particular food, in this case the coconut oil, suits you or not. As different people, may react differently, to certain foods.
Health benefits of coconut oil, Source: YouTube
Which oil you use in your daily cooking?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and does not substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, and/or dietary advice from a licensed health professional. Drugs, supplements, and natural remedies may have dangerous side effects. If pregnant or nursing, consult with a qualified provider on an individual basis. Seek immediate help if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan