Eat High Calcium Foods For Better Health
- IntraCal - The Best Calcium Supplement
Get the correct amount of calcium in your body today.
In order to get strong bones and teeth, we must get an adequate amount of Calcium in the body. For the young and elderly, it is important that they eat High Calcium Foods in there diet.
As we get older, we can lose the calcium in our body, this is usually due to age, eating a bad diet and also a lack of exercise. If we do not get enough calcium it can lead to many health problems such as Osteoporosis and high blood pressure.
It is also important that we take the right amount of this mineral , as taking too much can also cause other health issues such as fatigue and constipation. Many individuals who do not regularly exercise and eat too many processed foods, could actually have a deficiency of calcium in the body, so that is why it is important to follow a balanced diet with foods high in calcium.
It is recommended that adults take 1000mg daily and children take approximately 500mg of calcium in their diet daily. We need this mineral in our body to help it function properly and prevent any serious health conditions that may arise in the future.
In order to absorb calcium better in the body, we must also have an adequate amount of Vitamin D also. This can be taken as a supplement or you can go out into the sun as much as you can, but not for long periods at a time.
Most dairy products contain calcium and should be eaten daily such as:
- Milk - Which is great for stronger bones, a cup of milk has approximately 300mg of calcium
- Yogurt - It is a popular dessert for many and contains approximately 400mg per cup
- Cheese - Adding cheese to your meals and snacks will also help
- Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt - This dessert contains approximately 100mg of calcium
Eating a healthy balanced diet is very important if we want to live longer and eating foods high in calcium such as vegetables will also give us stronger bones and a healthy body. Try adding these vegetable to your diet:
- Broccoli - Contains 180mg per cup
- Spinach - There is about 300mg per cup
- Carrot - Drinking the juice of a carrot will give you more calcium
- Onions - A cup gives you 40mg
- Eggplant - 35mg for a cup
- Garlic - We all know how important garlic is in our diet, a teaspoon will give you 5mg
- Alfalfa Sprouts - Fresh alfalfa sprouts is 12mg per cup
Eating high calcium foods such as fruits are not only a great snack but are also good for you. They are especially good for young children for an afternoon snack instead of chocolate's or sweets.
Fruits that are high in calcium are:
- Cherries - one cup contains 30mg
- Watermelon - a cup has 12mg
- Apples - drinking apple juice has the highest amount of calcium
- Avocado - one cup is 18mg
- Blue Berries - one cup is 15mg
- Apricot - dried apricots contain more calcium at about 70mg per cup
Sometimes, especially if you have a busy lifestyle, it can be impossible to eat all these foods in your diet, which is why we need to choose the Best Calcium Supplement out in the market today such as IntraCal. It can absorb into the body very quickly and you do not have to worry about being deficient in calcium.