Encouragement for Times of Disappointment: Quotes, Inspirational Songs and Much More
Disappointments can take place in our lives from small to large and they can have an effect on our perspective. They can be quite painful and leave us in a hope deferred state. Disappointments can range from traffic delays, to being gossiped at work from a coworker you trusted, to being fired suddenly from your job, a bad report from a doctor, a broken engagement, or disappointments from a spouse, a child, friend or relative. Everyone has been disappointed at some point. There are many ways to deal with disappointment in a healthy way. Here are some encouragement to be able to pick yourself up after being disappointed, gain a new perspective, be stronger and move forward.
Encouragement from Other Authors
- Bible Verses on Letting Go and Moving Forward
In order to move forward to an abundant life and the life God has called us to live, we have to let go off a few things. The Bible has a lot to say about letting go and moving on. Take a look.
- 12 Inspirational Uplifting Songs for Tough Times in ...
Here are some inspirational songs to help you get through the hard, tough times and bring comfort and strength to press on in spite of the difficulties you are encountering.
- Inspirational Songs for Stressful Times in our Lives
If you are going through days and times to make you stressed, here are songs to relieve those times and bring peace, calm and strength.
- How Can We Deal With Disappointment?
Disappointment is all around us, whether due to unfulfilled expectations and dreams or let downs in our relationships with others. If we check the negative thoughts, we can minimize the pain we feel.
- Ways to Cope With Life's Disappointments
How do you cope with disappointment? feeling your feelings through is what I say. They say you never know how someone feels until you walk in their shoes and I agree. Disapointments happen. It's how you cope and deal that makes you feel alive and rea
- How to Deal with Disappointments in Your Life
Sometimes, things don't work out as you planned, and you are frustrated and distressed because of your setbacks. But you can remain positive and rebound from your disappointments.
Encouraging Quotes on Disappointment
1. "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”― Martin Luther King, Jr.
2."Don't let the disappointments of today kill tomorrow's blessings, destroy the negative flashes of pessimism, and focus on the mirror of optimism.” ~Michael Bassey Johnson
3. "Don’t let today’s disappointment cast a shadow on tomorrow’s dreams." ~Unknown
4. "When yesterday was a disappointment and today isn’t better, remember there is always tomorrow, so make it something to look forward to and smile." ~Unknown
5. "Disappointment means that things haven’t worked out the way you wanted! And now what to do? Very simple: Stand up and walk! Cut the tragedy because our limited time must always be used for the forward movements!” ~ Mehmet Murat ildan
6. Friendship is the certainly the finest balm for the pangs of a disappointed love. ~Jane Austen
7. "What do you do when disappointment comes? When it weighs on you like a rock, you can either let it press you down until you become discouraged, even devastated, or you can use it as a stepping-stone to better things. Learn to adapt and adjust." ~Joyce Meyer
8. Disappointments are just God’s way of saying, “I’ve got something better. So be patient, have faith and live your life.
9. "Don't be disappointed because your plans didn’t work out. You may not understand it now, but one day you’ll thank God for the difficulties. His ways are better than our ways. Don’t try to figure it all out." ~Joel Osteen
10 "Disappointments, challenges and failures are not meant to destroy you. They are meant to strengthen you, to build your character, to give you fortitude to accomplish your God-given destiny." ~Joel Osteen.
11. "The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way."
~ Robert Kiyosaki
12. "If you make more appointments with quality people, will have less disappointments with non-quality people.” ~Robert J. Braathe
13.Even the ones who love you most will let you down. They are the ones who will disappoint you more because your expectations of them are higher. When you feel like they have let you down, you need to realize that it is not them who have let you down, but it is only your expectations that were not met.” ~Malti Bhojawni
14.Friendship is the certainly the finest balm for the pangs of a disappointed love. ~Jane Austen
15. "Don't be disappointed if people refuse to help you. Remember the words of Einstein: I am thankful for all those who said 'No' because of them I did it myself."
15. "Things often have a 50/50 chance of going our way or the other, trust that you will be able to handle the disappointment, change, discomfort and treat it all as an adventure.” ~Pinkie Numa
16."When we refuse to work with our disappointment, we break the Precepts: rather than experience the disappointment, we resort to anger, greed, gossip, criticism. Yet it's the moment of being that disappointment which is fruitful; The moment of disappointment in life is an incomparable gift that we receive many times a day if we're alert. This gift is that moment when disappointment is actually 'It's not the way I want it!” ~Charlotte Joko Beck
Rascal Flatts My Wish
For King and Country- It's not Over Yet
British Group For King and Country offers encouraging words for those disappointed days in their song, It's not over Yet. Enjoy.