Pregnancy: Essentials for a good night's sleep during pregnancy
Here are the "tools" I have been using to get a good night's sleep during pregnancy. Some I read about and followed the advice. Some I discovered on my own.
1. Experts recommend that a woman sleep most on her left side during pregnancy. This improves circulation to both mother and baby.
2. While sleeping on your left side is preferred, sleeping on your right side would be okay. Avoid sleeping on either your back or your belly.
3. Keep knees bent as you position yourself to try to fall asleep.
4. Keep a pillow between the legs and another pillow under the feet to elevate them.
5. It is well worth the investment to get a special pregnancy body pillow. When I got mine, I felt the difference right away.
So, do something good for yourself by getting one of these pillows. You won't regret it.
6. On your night stand, keep a glass of water to drink if it might be needed.
7. Block out all light with curtains and/or by wearing an eye mask. (This is good for anyone who is trying to get a good night's sleep).
Have a comfortable pregnancy!