Filling Foods - Weight Watchers Alternate Plan
Weight Watchers' "Secret Plan"
OK, "secret" might be a stretch but Weight Watchers PointsPlus 2012® does have an alternate technique for those who are struggling on their regular plan. And, why would America's Number One weight loss plan need a "plan B"?
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 2012® is so satisfying, with so much variety, that it could be too flexible for some dieters. Meant to be a "way of life", it really is very much like real life - possibly "too" real. Some dieters may be in need of more restricted choices, at least for a while, in order to break bad habits. Rather than having them give up on the plan, an alternate approach has been provided.
And, another reason to try the Simply Filling plan might be that "life" is getting in the way. Points Plus 2012® is much about portion control. The "tracking system" is a perfect way to learn portions and lose weight. But if your schedule makes it impossible to track points, then Simply Filling is there for you to turn to.
Simply Filling Weight Watchers Technique
The "Simply Filling" technique is easy.
Eat to Satisfy -- instead of tracking points, you eat until you think it is about enough. It helps to already be hungry before you start a meal. Then, eat slowly and when hunger stops you stop eating.
Pick Power Foods -- select most of your foods from the "Power Foods" list provided by Weight Watchers® (link below). These foods are a plentiful selection of healthy food choices that are also very filling: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, non-fat dairy, no-calorie beverages and most seasonings and condiments.
The 49 Bonus Points Stay...Yipee! The bonus points can be used over the course of a week, but do not have to be used. It's your choice. The unused bonus points cannot be carried over, though. If you don't use them, you lose them. Eat anything at all for your bonus points but you must consider portions and track those points.
When do people need Simply Filling? It is meant for times that tracking just isn't going to work for you. These times may be when you have to travel for work or are unusually on-the-go. Another possible time is when you just lack the motivation to stick with the points-tracking plan and need a "jump start"!
How long can you do Simply Filling? As short or long as you like. Just remember, if you switch back and forth, you will need to track all of your points in a 24 hour day and 49 bonus points in a week's time. For ease of use, you may want to follow Simply Filling a week at a time.
Eat Filling Foods From The Power Foods List
How To Determine Your Weight Watchers Points Allowance
There are two ways to find out what your points allowance should be and both involve joining Weight Watchers®. You can either join Weight Watchers® Online or attend a Weight Watchers® Meeting. You may or may not decide to follow Simply Filling instead of the points tracking plan but it is important to know your points allowance, so that you have both options.
About the Author...
More on Weight Watchers Points Plus...
- Weight Watchers Points Plus 2012® -- how to put Points Plus® into action for you.
- Weight Watchers® Meetings -- attend the meetings, join their online community, or go it alone? Which is right for you?
- Weight Watchers® Calculator -- how it works -- do you need one? -- where to get one.
- Weight Watchers® Food -- this program is all about food, GREAT FOOD! Without lots of variety and plenty to eat, people quite. Weight Watchers knows that and came up with a plan!
- Weight Watchers® and Dr. Oz Team Up - why do so many superstars like Weight Watchers®? Because it works! Dr. Oz is the latest star to be part of the Weight Watchers team.
- Calculating Weight Watcher's Points-- get acquainted with the new Points Plus ® system.
- Filling Foods – Weight Watchers® Alternate Plan - trouble tracking points? Try Simply Filling instead. Still the great Weight Watchers® plan, with a twist.