Five Things You Probably Shouldn't Do In The Shower
Some people like to multitask and I can totally understand the need to do several things at once. After all time is of the essence and when you multitask it helps to create more time, right? When you multitask it always seems that you are getting so much done in a small amount time. Honestly there are certain things that you should not do together because you cannot give your full attention to both tasks at the same time. Understanding this concept makes it truly clear why you shouldn’t attempt these tasks while showering and instead focus fully on getting your body and hair clean.
- Pee – I can see why this would be tempting to do. Hot water and a drain, it’s the perfect combination. But really people you are getting in the shower to get clean. Even if you are under the guise that peeing in the shower saves time and water. There are problems with this theory. Some people believe that it’s a great idea because you go to the bathroom and then clean yourself up, all in one shot. I just find it plain disgusting especially if you share the shower with others. Unless you clean your shower on the daily I would say you should keep those two activities totally separate. Pee in the toilet and then get clean in the shower.
- Fart – Hey I understand that it’s your body and you can do what you want where you want. Especially if you are alone in the shower. I am just trying to save you from a sometimes unfortunate experience. Think about it. A shower is a small enclosed space and if you are running hot water this produces steam. So when you fart there is no true way to escape the smell that is going to suffocate you. When the heat and steam rise that fart smell is going to rise right into your nostrils and possibly your mouth as well. Maybe you should just hold it until you are out of the shower. Fart in the bathroom and then get clean in the shower.
- Sex – Now I have nothing negative to say about sex especially between two consenting adults. However truly there is a time and a place for everything. Now I know that there is a certain “sexiness” to the thought of having sex in the shower.But there are definite downsides to having sex in the shower. There is the possibility of injury because a shower is usually a small area and with water and soap involved someone could get hurt. Then there is the problem of the length of the activity which could lead to loss of hot water, an expensive water bill as well as the waste of water. Sex in the bedroom (or wherever else) and then get clean in the shower.
- Drop the Soap – We have all heard the horror stories of what can happen if you drop the soap; specifically talking about prison. And this has always stuck with me. So I do my best to not drop the soap. But sometimes that slippery sucker just gets away from you and when it does you better watch out. When a heavy especially newer bar of soap falls on your unprotected toe or any other body part for that matter it can hurt. If you do drop the soap, be very careful not to slip or fall on it.
- Dance – I love to sing in the shower but that is where I draw the line. Sometimes it’s easy to get carried away while singing and get that desire to dance along as well. In the shower all it takes is one wrong move and you are done. Water, soap and a slick shower floor do not make a good combination. All you need is one wrong dance move and you can injure yourself. Feel free to sing in the shower all you want but play it safe and save the dancing for outside of the shower. Dance where you want to then get clean in the shower.
I am not saying that I have experienced any of these situations but… it has come to my attention that these things do go on in many showers around the world. Think of it as a helpful way to make sure that your showering experience is a good one and injury free. Here’s to happy showering however you choose to get clean ;)