Love For Flowers : Fragrant, Fresh, Delicate, Beautiful, And Also As Healers
Beautiful Flowers Are Also Healers:
© Chitrangada Sharan August 2014
All Rights Reserved.
- The natural and unassuming beauty of flowers, in all its magnificence is something we all love and appreciate.
- But they are not just beautiful with delightful fragrance, capable of' affecting your senses; they have medicinal properties too!
- Using flowers for Aroma therapy or in beauty treatments is quite common, but there are certain flowers which have medicinal use as well.
- Many flowers which we see regularly in our gardens or parks, have been used as medicines by Ayurveda and Homeopathic treatments.
- Flowers are also an important component, which is used in Green Teas because of their immense health benefits.
Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
- How To Use Colors To Bring Positive Changes In Every...
Color Therapy, dates back to thousand of years. It is a holistic and powerful technique and can be implemented by applying these vibrations of energy to effect positive changes in our day to day life.
Health Benefits Of Some Of The Flowers:
- Yellow Marigold (Genda in Hindi), also called 'Calendula' is known to heal wounds and treat skin allergies.
- It is extensively used in Homeopathy and is one of the oldest and most popular herbal remedy for healing ruptured skin or to treat Eczema.
- It is not exactly the Marigold you would ordinarily see in a garden and that's why it is called Pot Marigold.
- It has been found to have anti inflammatory properties. Mostly it is used for topical applications, to cure wounds, abrasions, skin rashes, minor cuts etc
- Lavender (surprisingly it is Lavender in Hindi too), has a bright violet color and its fragrance is fresh, sweet with a calming effect on senses.
- No doubt it is used in talcum powders and essential bath oils and in Spa treatments.
- Its fragrance relaxes your mind and keeps you stress free. That's why many people spray it in bedrooms to induce sleep.
- Along with calming it is known for its healing properties as well. It is known to heal wounds faster and is effective in soothing chest and throat congestion as well.
- Simply serene, fragrant with a delicate but strong fragrance is another flower, Jasmine (Juhi in Hindi), which is known for its many medicinal properties.
- Because of its cooling properties, it is used in heat like conditions, for nasal bleeding, mouth ulcers, conjunctivitis, stomach troubles etc.
- It is also used to make soaps, oils and perfumes for its sweet and calming smell. It is very popular in Aromatherapy.
- Massage:An Effective Alternative Therapy With Herbal...
Massage as an alternative therapy to relieve stress, pain and anxiety is an age old practice. It has become more scientific with the practice of using Herbal, medicinal oils in Modern Massage centers.
- Hibiscus ( Japakusum or Gudhal in Hindi), a very common flower in our gardens, also known as rose mallow, has many health benefits.
- Its juices are used to make hair oil, which is very effective in preventing or delaying graying of hair.
- Hibiscus tea is said to lower blood pressure and also effective in treating hypertension. It is beneficial in kidney problems and is also preferred by dieters in the form of Green tea.
- Cotton flowers( Kapaas ke phool in Hindi), are white in color and is considered highly beneficial in medicinal properties by Ayurveda.
- They are believed to control the three vital elements in our body, namely--gas, bile and cough,( Vata, Pitta and Kapha.) and maintain balance.
- Taking juice of these flowers relieves of pain during periods. It has rejuvenating properties too. It gives strength to the body and fights fatigue.
Mountain Daisy (Arnica):
- Mountain Daisy ( Arnica in Hindi), is commonly used in herbal ointments as a pain reliever and as an anti inflammatory medicine.
- In Homeopathic medicines it is used as a first aid for bruises, inflammations due to fall and other minor skin problems.
- It is also known to be effective in relieving pain due to arthritis.
- Rose flower ( Gulaab in Hindi), is so common, you can find it everywhere.
- Rose oil is a product of Rose petals and is very effective in relaxing and soothing the nerves.
- Rose water is antibacterial, anti inflammatory and anti septic, therefore it is an important component in Ayurveda medicines.
- Rose essence is edible and is used in many sweet recipes. It contains flavanoids and anti oxidants. known to be very essential for good health.
- It is very good for skin care and hair care as well. Ayurveda uses eye drops containing Rose water to soothe tired eyes.
Which flower based Green tea do you like?
Flower Extracts In Green Tea:
We all are aware of the health benefits of Green tea. Many flowers are chief components in Green tea. They have plenty of anti oxidants beneficial for our immune system and general internal health.
Jasmine, Hibiscus, Sunflower, Rose and many other flowers are wonderful examples of Green tea, which are immensely beneficial for skin, hair and other internal organs.
These Green tea are relaxing, stress relievers and they build up stamina.
A word of caution:
- Not all flowers are edible. In fact some flowers may not be safe for oral consumption. Consult an Ayurveda physician before taking them. Make sure that you are taking the right thing and don't indulge in experimentation on your own.
- Its better to grow your own medicinal flowers rather than buying from the flower market or picking up from general parks.
Flowers are beautiful creations and just by having a look at their vibrant color; feeling their soft petals and smelling their divine fragrance we can notice a change in our mind and mood.
The flowers are spiritual and emotional healers. They energize us with their color and appearance. We can make use of their energy to bring positive health benefits in our lives.
© Chitrangada Sharan 21st August 2014
All Rights Reserved.
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
Herbal tea Hibiscus, health benefits, source: You tube
Other hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- What Is Naturopathy : Can The Body Heal Itself By Me...
Naturopathy is a combination of Ayurveda, Yoga, Homeopathy, Herbal n other such methods of treatment. This system of healing revolves around the five basic elements, Earth, Air, Water, Sun and Ether.
- The Trees: What Would They Speak If They Could Speak...
How much attention do we pay to the trees, when we are walking past them! Have we ever wondered what they will speak, if they could. Would it surprise us if they said, 'The Man' is their bitter enemy!
- Some Small Desires Are Yet To Be Fulfilled!~~~~ A Po...
The desire to be together till eternity~~True love can not be expressed in words. Flowers can help to express beautifully. But some deep feelings and unfulfilled desires, even flowers cannot express.
© 2014 Chitrangada Sharan