Flowers - The Stars of the Earth
I love Flowers. They always brighten up my mood. They look beautiful, delicate, colourful and smell so lovely.
It’s spring now and I really enjoy walking. Only this time of the year, I stop to take photo’s. Sometimes they are even photo’s of people’s gardens and I’m sure one or two people must have spotted me from their windows. So, if you see me on SKY News, you know what happened. Headline: “Lady seen taking photographs” or “Lady seen in Bushes with Camera”.
PS. All the photos in this Hub were taken by me in May 2010.
Do they have any benefits?
- Flowers lift a persons mood or the mood of the house. They bring about positive, happy emotions and a general sense of well-being about life.
- More productivity at Work. A research demonstrated that creative performance and problem solving skills improve substantially in workplace environments that include flowers and plants.
- Flowers make intimate connections.
- Flowers have healing properties. E.g. Roses are used a lot in the alternative medicine area to ease digestive issues and promote healing in the liver.
- Positive impact on mental health - Fresh flowers also have an impact on mental health. According to the Harvard University Home Ecology of Flowers Study, individuals have lower levels of anxiety and depression upon viewing fresh flowers, especially in the morning and it can increase energy levels.
- Nutrition – Some flowers are edible and are used in Recipe’s. I haven’t tried this yet. For now I’m happy admiring them, but if you want to know which ones are edible. Click Here: Edible Flowers
So, flowers are really good for us. Do you have any favourite flowers or do you just love them all?
Ps: If you are in UK or US, I hope you will visit one of the Botanical Gardens below this summer.
Beautiful Botanical Gardens
- Missouri Botanical Garden - A National Historic Land...
An attraction well worth seeing if you are ever in the St. Louis area is the Missouri Botanical Garden. It is also a National Historic Landmark! Our friend Mary, who is an avid gardener took my mother...
- Kew (Botanical) Gardens Surrey
Kew is situated on the banks of the river Thames in south-west London, near Richmond.This is a place I love. I am bound to, as I lived there for 20 years through most of my childhood and a few adult years. I...