Food Safety Tips
Food safety tips - cooking temperatures
Although cooking will kill most germs. To make sure foods get hot enough, check the internal temperature by inserting a food thermometer in the thickest parts especially meats. Try and make sure that the temperatures are as follow:
Beef and pork to at least 160 ° F,
Lamb to 145 -160 °
Poultry to 180 °
Thigh and breast 170 °
Ground beef, pork, veal,160°
ground poultry to 165 °.
- Nutrition, Diet and Health.
Most of the desease in the world today are indirectly or directly related to nutrition
Food Safety Tips
It is said that we are what we eat. The human body is susceptible to many types of diseases and viruses. The mouth is said to be the easiest place where viruses and parasite can easily enter the body.
We are exposed to numerous food born diseases but with much precaution, education and vigilance we may reduce the danger of contracting any of them.
Some foods have high risk foods factors that lend themselves to contamination. Some are:
Such foods are eggs .milk, fish, baked products. poultry, shell fish , potato salads and other mayonnaise based salads.
There are some safety measures we must follow in order to ensure that we get clean and safe food to eat. We have to begin from the point where and how we do our shopping.
Food Safety Tips For Buying
1. Purchase foods from outlets that are clean and health certified by the health authorities of your country
- 2. Avoid those that carry offensive smell.
- 3. Do not purchase foods whose colour have changed
- 4. Never purchase it if it shows molds and mildew.
- 5. Items that should be firm must not be bought if soft.
- 6. If a canned food tin bulges it should not be used.
- 7. Expiration dates on packages signify possible contamination do not buy.
- 8. When purchasing refrigerated food along with other things pick them up last
- 9. As much as possible do not buy food items stored on the ground ,near open drains, or beside garbage bins .
You have taken so much precaution in purchasing you must take precaution ln
Food Safety tips for storage too.
- 1. If your freezer needs cleaning remove some of the ice and store the frozen goods while you clean it.
- 2. Store all other foodstuff away from insects and rodents; remember dry goods must be stored In a cool dry place to discourage molds. Items such as flour ,cornmeal,sugar , they can be stored in covered containers .There are some fancy canister sets in the stores.
- 3. This is a busy and fast moving generation and so many families do a lot of per-preparation of dinners and refrigerate them. If this is your style, make sure they are all covered since this is the fastest way to cross contaminate food.
- 4. Chemicals such as bleach, insect spray cleaning agent fuel like kerosene should never be store in the same place as food
- 5. Do not forget to store away groceries and harmful chemical s from children and pets.
- Food safety tips in preparation
Bacteria especially the deadly strains of the salmonella bacteria are sometime found in foods because of unhygienic practices used during its preparation.
Remember to follow these simple tips
- 1. Wash hands with soap before preparing meals especially after visiting the bath room
- 2. Wash in salt water ,if you use any form of soap on any form of to wash vegetables, remember to rinse very well with clean running water.
- 3. Keep hands away from body parts when handling food.
- 4. If you have the flu it is best not to prepare food especially for large gatherings.
- 5. High risk foods like milk ,yogurt, cheese mayonnaise should not be left outside for long periods-maximum two hours.
- 6. Package meat and fish in amounts needed for one preparation so that foods are not thawed and returned to the freezer as this multiplies bacteria.
- 7. It is best to thaw food in the refrigerator or finish thawing as part of the cooking process.
- 8. Do not use the same cutting board to prepare raw fish and meats for chopping vegetables for raw salads.
- 9. Have mesh to cover food so that flies do not contaminate food.
- 10. When preparing meat make sure to cook pork very well to completely destroy the work associated with it which folds into a ball during the cooking process and open and become active in the stomach if not properly cooked never serve or eat pork rear.
- WAYS OF ENSURING PROPER FOOD SANITATION
3 Basic Areas in Ensuring Proper Sanitation Standards in the Food Production Facility · Personal hygiene · Proper sanitation practices · Proper food preparation and storage Personal...
- Buy A Trash Can Online
It goes without say that everybody somewhere needs a trash can. Important for Hygience and cleanliness... with the only problem being you can never seem to find one that you like, and none of them are very attractive! With more and more recycling...
- Avoiding Food Poisoning on Vacation
Announcing that you are heading off to an exotic location for a few weeks will undoubtedly make you the recipient of much unsolicited advice on how to avoid Delhi Belly or Montezuma's Revenge. Don't eat...