Foods That Will Help You Lose Weight
Food that Can Help You Lose Weight
Foods that leave you with a zero calorie effect are known as Zero Calorie Foods. Foods that cause you to lose weight when you consume them are known as Negative Calorie Foods.
Zero calorie or Negative calorie diets like 'The Cabbage Soup Diet' and 'The Grapefruit Diet' are diet plans that are based on the principle that the foods you eat can help you to lose weight even if you consume large amounts of these.
These diets work because the foods in the program are exceptionally high in fiber and therefor very difficult for the body to digest. When these foods are consumed they take so much energy to digest that your body burns more calories then it retains.
So What Are These Amazing Foods
The list of Zero Calorie Foods and Negative Calorie Foods are as follows:
Asparagus, apple, beet, blueberries, broccoli, cantaloupe, carrot, cauliflower, celery, chicory, cranberry, cucumber, dandelion, endive, garden cress, garlic, grapefruit, green bean, honeydew, hot chili peppers, lemon, lime, lettuce, mango, onion, orange, papaya, peach, pineapple, radish, raspberries, spinach, strawberries, tomato, tangerine, turnip, watermelon, and zucchini.
Flavor Your Water Naturally
What You Drink Factors into Your Diet Plan
- Avoid pop and other high sugar beverages.
- Water flavored by natural berries and fruit can be delightfully satisfying.
- Green tea may help you lose weight and it is antioxidant rich.
- Most herbal teas are soothing, filling, and generally contain zero calorie.
- A whey powder smoother can provide protein and kick start your day.
- Drink a litre of water throughout the day. I fill 1.5 litre bottle each night before bed so when I wake in the morning it is icy cold in the fridge. I then make it my goal to drink it before bedtime arrives again.
Some People Bounce From Weight Gain to Diet in a Continuous Pattern. This is Known as Yo-Yo Dieting.
Do You Yo-Yo Diet?
Diet Friendly Herbs Seasonings and Sauces
For no calorie seasonings or sauces use this list of flavor enhancers: Tabasco pepper sauce, lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice or mustard.
Cayenne pepper will cause you to lose weight by increasing your metabolism and it is a healthier alternative to the basic black pepper that most people use. Mix Cayenne pepper into your basic yellow mustard to create a hot tasty mustard that will increase your ability to weight loss.
Remember that a responsible diet plan is the method most likely to insure permanent weight loss. Also do not forget the important role of protein in your diet plan, without it you may lose muscle, rather than maintain it.
The ideal way to use zero calorie foods to your advantage is to incorporate more of these fiber rich foods into your current diet. Consuming negative calorie foods within a healthy balanced diet plan will help you to lose that excess weight and keep it off.
Consume a Diet Rich in Quality Lean Protein
We Need Protein to Maintain Strength
Studies suggest that protein is one of the most important factors in virtually any weight loss plan. Strong muscles burn fat and we get muscle strength from the proteins we eat. Most protein rich foods are also highly filling foods so will satisfy your appetite more than a food that may have fewer calories but will leave you feeling hungry in shorter order.
Eggs are highly nutritious and one of the best foods for powering up your body and yes you can eat the egg yolk. It is where the bulk of the calories are found but it is also where much of the nutrition is located as well. Other quality protein sources are lean meats such as salmon, tuna, chicken breast, and white turkey.
Nuts are generally high in calories but studies suggest that a small amount of walnuts daily can actually help to reduce weight. Snacking on a small handful of walnuts is another great way to get protein into your diet plan.
Have You Tried the Cabbage Soup Diet?
Have you or will you taste run cabbage soup?
Cabbage is a Food That is Difficult to Digest
Cabbage Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Cabbage Soup
3 large onions
2 green peppers
2 large cans of diced tomatoes
1 bunch of celery
Half a head of cabbage
1 large can of tomato soup prepared with water (no milk)
Enough water to almost cover the veggies.
Season to taste with your choice of any of these spices parsley, ginger, cayenne pepper, curry, garlic powder, salt, or pepper Simmer till veggies are tender.
Note: The cabbage soup diet plan should not be followed for more than six days. Alternated a couple days of cabbage soup with days of normal eating will give you the best and healthiest results. For example: Eat cabbage soup for 1 day. Eat regular meals for 2 days. Eat cabbage soup for 1 day. Eat normal for 3 days. Then repeat the sequence.
There are many factors involved in weight loss. Diet, nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and your body's metabolism will all be factors in how easily you are able to lose the pounds that you want to. The following tips may help you to accomplish your goals.
- Consume foods that are more filling as these will help you to feel less hungry during the process. Eggs, cauliflower, white fish, apples, and boiled potato are examples of foods which will help you feel full for a longer period of time.
- Eat 5 small meals rather than 3 larger ones. This will help to keep you more satisfied and may stimulate your metabolism to be more active.
- If you are feeling the need to snack choose a small handful of walnuts or a cup of cereal. These will satisfy the snack craving in a healthy manner. Studies suggest that a handful of nuts 3 times per week can help you lose weight.
- Your immune system may have the ability to recognize that you are losing weight and go into a protectionist stance. Dieters refer to this as hitting the wall. Your metabolism slows down, you feel hungrier as your brain sends out its warning message that it is time for you to eat, and the weight loss slows down to a crawl. Dieting sporadically may help to alleviate this.
- Don't forget to exercise. The stronger your muscle the more efficiently it will become at burning fat.
© 2008 Lorelei Cohen