Boost Your Immunity by Eating
Boost your immunity!
Boosting your immunity is one of the best ways to help your body fight disease, illnesses, aging, and your overall health!
I haven't been sick for over a year and I will give you some advice on how it's done.
Here are some ways I have found to help boost your immunity:
- Eat right. Not only do you need to eat a good portion of foods but also increase your fruits and vegetables. Blueberries are high in antioxidants so I consume them daily. I usually put them in a smoothie or eat them as a snack. I also eat foods high in Vitamin C such as grapefruits, oranges, clementines, etc...
- Get enough sleep. Get at least 8 hours of sleep everyday. Your body and brain needs to regenerate and energize from your day.
- Drink water. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. This helps the body get rid of unwanted waste products through your urine.
- Get enough vitamin D, which comes from the sun. In Minnesota we hardly see the sun in the winter. I usually take a daily vitamin, which has more than enough of vitamin D in it and it also has other vitamins and nutrients. I think that is why we have the cold more often in the winter than in the summer; people are just not getting enough vitamin D.
- Exercise. I think that the body will get a boost from exercising a 3-4 times a week.
- Stop bad habits. Try to stop smoking, drinking, and other bad habits. These only weaken your immunity.
- Decrease your stress. Many of us have worries and stresses in life but try to relax and reduce them so that your immunity will not weaken.
These are some of the ways that you can boost your immunity!! If you keep this up your body will have a better time fighting off free radicals (things that weaken your immunity) and you most likely be a stronger and healthier person!