How to lose weight? Simple ways!
Adopting a new healthier lifestyle can involve changing diet to include more fresh fruit and vegetables as well as increasing levels of exercise. –Linford Christie
‘You have put on weight’, my brother told me when he saw me after a year. I immediately bought a weighing scale and I was aghast when I saw my weight. I had indeed added a few kilos. If only I had a weighing scale, I could have monitored my weight.
Are you obese?
Do you feel you are adding on weight?
What do you do to lose weight?
- You go on crash dieting.
- You do exercises
- You eat healthy food
- You avoid snacks, sweets, bakery items, aerated drinks and junk foods.
But do you follow this regimen without a break?
Unfortunately you do not. Dieting is not an easy joke and needs complete determination on your part to stick to your regimen of weight loss without withdrawing from it.
How to lose weight the proper way?
- Do not starve yourself and deny your body the much needed nutrients.
- You should diet sensibly and avoid foods which make you add weight.
- Say a firm no to junk food.
- Eat lots of green vegetables, fresh fruits and lean meat.
- Drink coconut water or butter milk to quench your thirst.
- Drink hot water instead of iced water and this is a small trick that helps you lose weight.
There are few easy ways to monitor your weight loss. A weighing scale and full view mirror helps you to check weight gain. When you check your weight regularly you know whether you are maintaining the same weight, gaining weight or effectively losing weight.
1. A weighing scale
Weighing scale is a must to monitor your weight in an effective way. Do not keep checking your weight daily as you feel frustrated when you do not see any results. If you check weekly once, you have a true picture of your body weight. Even a loss of half a kilo should make you feel happy and satisfied that your effort of losing weight is becoming a reality.
2. A full view mirror.
You will not know how you look with the added kilos unless you have a full view mirror. You can analyze the part of the body where you have added weight and concentrate your exercise on that area. Concentrate on your midriff, your arms and also your legs. These areas put on weight easily and can make you look obese.
You feel breathless when you walk just a few yards if you have put on weight. When you are slim, you literally glide through your movements as you are agile and sprightly. Added weight makes you sluggish and dragging.
- Your lifestyle should be active and energetic.
- When you live a sedentary lifestyle it is easy to add weight.
- Walk to nearby places and use stairs instead of lifts.
- Skipping, cycling, walking and swimming are all excellent ways to lose weight.
Have you seen people who do hard physical work or sportsmen? They do not have superfluous flesh in their body as their energetic physical work burns the calories they consume. Computer is yet another reason for overweight among youngsters. They are deprived of any form of exercise as they spend hours before the computer.
Unless you make conscious efforts to lose weight, you can never make any headway. It is easy to add weight but tough to lose it. You should monitor your weight regularly and be on alert when you put on weight. Active lifestyle, regular exercises, healthy food and stress free life make it possible for you to lose weight the healthy way.
© 2013 mathira