Fun In The Sun Safety
Summer fun in the sun days will soon be upon us and as always there are certain precautions that should be taken to protect yourself from the sun's rays. The warmth and sunlight are our friends during the summer days that can turn on us if we're not careful. Are you aware that each year millions are diagnosed with skin cancer and there are deaths attributed to heat related illnesses? With that in mind here are some tips to prevent you from becoming a statistic.
There are a number of measures that you can take to protect yourself and others you love while you enjoy your time in the sun.
- Always wear water resistant sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher. Never take a step outside without this protection. This includes cloudy days when the sun likes to play hide and seek. Keep that sunscreen handy to reapply every two hours for the days that you soak up the sun at the beach or are outside for a prolonged period.
- Wear comfortable breathable clothes that assist with keeping your body temperature from overheating and causing heat stroke. A hat will not only protect your scalp from sunburn it will also reduce the chance of sunstroke. Having sunglasses's save your eyes and the surrounding area from the sun's harmful rays.
- At the beach, lakefronts and sandy areas apply extra sunscreen since these elements reflect sunlight and intensifies the suns effect on your skin.
- Keep plenty of liquids available and stay hydrated.
- Before beginning any physical activity hydrate your body, keep fluids available to take during any activities and at the completion of the activity.
Now that you have the tools to protect yourself and loved ones from the sun and heat you are ready to enjoy your time in the sun.