- Health Care, Drugs & Insurance
Recycle To Save The Environment
What Is Garbage Enzyme?
Garbage enzyme was first developed by Dr. Rosukon of Thailand.
In very simple language, garbage ezyme is the product of fermentation of vegetable/fruit wastes in a mixture of water and brown sugar after a period of 3 months. The final garbage enzyme liquid is obtained after filtration and removal of the residue. It is the process of fermentation with the key ingredient of brown sugar that is metabolized by bacteria into alcohol which is subsequently reduced to acetic acid or vinegar.
It is very easy to make garbage enzyme. The main ingredients are vegetable cuttings and fruit peels and fruit skins. The other ingredient is brown sugar. Then you add water and let ferment for 3 months. That simple! I know because I am making the garbage enzyme. The ratio is 1 part brown sugar, 3 parts vege/fruit cuttings, and 10 parts water.
The use of this garbage enzyme is reported to be able to help reduce global warming. The name "garbage enzyme" is a bit of a misnomer because the main ingredients are not actually the filthy garbage, but clean vegetable and fruit peelings. As for me, I use mainly pineapple peelings.
Method Of Making Garbage Enzyme.
- Use plastic container with air-tight cap, preferably with bigger cap. Avoid using those soft drink bottles with small caps. They are the ones that may even "explode" if left unopened. Do not use glass containers.
- Mix 1 part brown sugar, 3 parts organic (fruit & vege) waste, and 10 parts water.
- My preferences are pineapple skin, orange peel, any citrus leftover, and papaya skin.
- Leave some space for fermentation.
- Close the lid tightly.
- Initially,release the bottle cap at least once a day, to let out the built-up gas.
- After a few days, gas built-up will be reduced.
- Gently shake the bottle to mix the garbage, once every few days.
- During the process, white, black or brown residue may form at the top. Just ignore them.
- After 3 months, the enzyme is ready for use.
- Filter and remove the vegetable/fruit peels.
- The enzyme will have a dark brown color.
My Garbage Enzyme
Uses For Garbage Enzyme
The garbage enzyme should be diluted for use. There are numerous uses for garbage enzyme. The following are the common uses.
- As a general household cleaning liquid. Dilute with water or add to detergent.
- Remove foul odours, molds and grime in the kitchen and toilet.
- Drive insects away, especially spraying on plants.
- Cleaning carpets and remove ticks.
- For laundry.
- Moping floors.
- Washing cars.
- Fertilizer for plants.
Diluting ratios: (I personally do not follow the ratios. After years of using garbage enzyme, I just add in the amount I feel comfortable with.)
Enzyme for fertilizer 1:100 / 500 / 1000 Enzyme for insecticide 1:1000Enzyme for pesticide 1:100For anti odour / air freshener Dilute 200x As plant hormones to get more flowers and fruits Dilute 500x
When garbage enzyme is diluted with water, it becomes more effective.
For shampoos, dish-washing liquids, detergents: add 1 teaspoon of enzymes for 500cc, 1 tablespoon of enzymes for 1 litre to enhance the nutrients and reduce the side effects of the chemicals in the detergents.
More Info On Garbage Enzyme
For more information on garbage enzyme please CLICKHERE:
Garbage Enzyme Is Not Fruit Enzyme
Please note that garbage enzyme is not fruit enzyme. Garbage enzyme is not for human consumption. Whereas fruit enzyme is. Fruit enzyme is a nutritious drink prepared through proper fermentation of fruits. You can click to read my article "Benefits of fruit enzyme".
Website For Garbage Enzyme
- Save Our Earth by Using Enzymes
Do your bit to help save Our Earth! Use enzymes for a healthier living environment!
Link To My Other Interesting And Beneficial Articles
If you find this article interesting or beneficial, you may go to my "Profile" page to read my other articles by simply CLICKHERE:
By the way, the copyright to this article is owned by Good Guy. Please do not “copy and paste”! Thank you.