Getting Paid to Lose Weight: The Top Website for Weight Loss Wagering
The Eternal Weight Loss Struggle
The Old Weight Loss Methods
There are always some exciting new trends that emerge when it comes to the battle of the bulge in regards to your waistline. Whether it is a new miracle drug or a series of intense exercises that will help you to melt away the pounds, weight loss has been and will always be a big business. It seems that in recent years the best ways to lose weight have involved a gym membership, home equipment, or other supplements that will help you along the way, but what if there was a way that you could get paid while losing weight? There are some websites that have garnered some attention in weight loss circles recently, and the involved betting, but betting on yourself that you will meet your goals. This exciting new weight loss plan is a very interesting alternative to traditional weight loss programs.
A New Way to Lose Weight
One of the biggest issues with weight loss for many people has been a lack of discipline or inspiration to lose the weight. Weight wagering looks to change this trend by creating some very strong financial incentive to lose the weight and keep it off. In addition to any health benefits that are received from losing weight, the allure of winning prize money makes it much easier for people to lose the weight. Additionally, the fear of failure is more than just a concern about dissapointing yourself or others. When you create a weight wager, you are putting up money that you could actually lose. This means that either you or your wallet will be lighter by the end of a weight loss challenge.
Your Wallet Can Get Thinner Too
The Basics of Weight Loss Wagering
The easiest way to get a sense of these weight wagering sites is to take a look around their websites. HealthyWage is one of the largest of these websites, and here are some of the basic points of how the weight loss wagering process works.
- The first step is to choose the parameters of your specific weight loss challenge. You are able to first choose how much weight you think you can realistically lose.
- The second step is to choose your wager amount. You commonly will choose to put up between $20 and $500 per month that goes into your specific pot.
- In the third step, you choose a time frame for your weight loss goal. The lowest amount is 6 months, and it can be extended up to 18 months depending on how much you are trying to lose.
- After the parameters have been set you will create a verified weigh in video to show that you are actually the size that you claim. Another options is to have a health professional verify your weight on a form you would send to the company.
- Once everything has been set up you are set to begin your challenge and start the journey to better health and hopefully a fatter wallet!
HealthWage on the Today Show
The Catch of Weight Loss Wagering
The biggest strength and or drawback of these weight wagering programs is that it really is a win or lose situation. If you are able to complete your weight loss goal and reach the desired level by your final weigh in, you get all of the money back that you have invested in yourself in addition to your prize amount. However, if you are not able to reach your allotted goal in your time frame, you lose all of the money that you have invested. If you have been investing $500 per month for the last six months, it is very possible that you can lose thousands of dollars if you do not lose your agreed upon weight. This is a strong motivator for many individuals, but it can end up being a very costly mistake for those who are not disciplined enough. It is very important before joining one of these programs that you are absolutely sure you are committed to losing the weight. It can end up being a double failure if you are not able to reach your weight loss goals and you lose a bunch of money in the process.
Drawbacks to the Weight Wagering Program
There are some additional drawbacks beyond losing your money in the programs, some of which show that this weight loss method is not for everybody, here are a few of the biggest:
- Your winnings with such a program are very dependent on the difficulty of your potential weight loss. A 25 year old man who is looking to lose 10 pounds will have a much smaller winnable percentage than a 50 year old woman who needs to lose 50 pounds. You winnings are a percentage of money invested that increase with weight loss difficulty. Be prepared to work hard if you want to see a prize value into the thousands!
- Regular weigh ins are not a suggestion. In order to keep you on task and participating in the program, you need to check in regularly with manual weight entries. These do not all require a video, but they are something that you must be aware of. If you miss some weigh ins you run the risk of disqualification and losing your potential winnings and the money you already put up!
Let Financial Motivators be Your Weight Loss Key
Is Weight Loss Wagering for You?
Programs like this have been scientifically proven to be effective. The concept of financial motivation is a great way to inspire people to lose weight, especially since all of the success or failure will fall on their shoulders. If you want to learn more about the program, sign up at HealthyWage and start your own weight loss challenge. These types of programs are very linked to social media and creating social support systems. With the help of family and friends, and the potential financial payoff, weight loss wagering can be a great way to lose weight and make some money in the process!