Gonorrhea Rash, Symptoms and Treatment
What is Gonorrhea, Clap
The cases of gonorrhea has dropped tremendously over the last several years, but it is still the second most common sexually transmitted disease and the second most reported disease in the United States of America. On an annual basis there are almost 700,000 newly reported cases of gonorrhea.
This number is only the reported cases, it is estimated to be many more thousands of cases every year. Gonorrhea is caused by a bacteria that is passed during sexual activity. If not treated gonorrhea can lead into some severe complications including rash, joint pain, meningitis, infection of the liver, infection of the blood, and mucous membranes.
As with any sexually transmitted disease, you should see a Doctor or go to or call your local health department.
Gonorrhea Symptoms in Men
* Yellow, thick discharge in half of all cases
* Most men experience burning and pain while urinating
* Inflammation or infection of the testicles
* Inflammation or infection of the prostate gland
Gonorrhea Symptoms in Women
* Frequent urination
* Green/yellowish discharge, itching and burning
* Bleeding between periods
* Sensitivity and infection of the cervix
* Some women don't have any symptoms and can have gonorrhea and aren't aware of it.
Gonorrhea Treatment for Men and Women
Treatment for gonorrhea used to be injections of penicillin, but that is no longer the case due to the diseases resistance to it. Now you get a shot of antibiotics or for women/girls under 18 years of age some Doctor will prescribe a pill for of the antibiotic.