- Exercise & Fitness»
Yoga Great Exercise For Weight Loss
Yoga Ashtanga Pose
What is yoga
Yoga has had different meanings throughout the centuries but basically yoga is a term from the Sanskirt language which means to join, form, unite and balance the body, mind and spirit. Yoga is then a balance of these four elements:
- Movement (poses, stretches)
Yoga is For EveryBody
Yoga has been around for centuries, possibly as far back as 3000BC. It has been said that the history of yoga goes as far back as the beginnings of civilization. While this may or may not be true, we do know that yoga has been practiced in some form or another for thousands of years. There are several views of just what yoga is: Some have viewed it as a religion, such as the Hindu or Buddhist faiths. In more modern times, it can be viewed as a lifestyle, or merely an excellent exercise program. However, no matter what our individual views concerning the practice of yoga, there is no doubt there are many benefits to be had from the steady practice of yoga.
- In today's fast paced and stressful world, yoga can help you relax which can help lower blood pressure, you will feel calmer and less stressed. Increased blood circulation also helps to lower blood pressure
- Practicing yoga regularly will improve your flexibility. Doing a full yoga session will utilize all muscle groups which will help increase range of motion by helping ligaments and tendons stretch while also toning your body
- Joints, muscles and connective tissue will improve as well as the body's range of motion
- Yoga can help you find inner peace and tranquility with meditation and improve your mental health
- Your balance and your posture will improve
- Yoga poses are exercise and exercise does give you more energy and you will be less fatigued
- Breathing exercises will help to improve the heart and lungs and help with the movement of blood
- Weight loss: As your body firms up and muscles firm up you may lose weight
Yoga Warrior Pose
- Check with your doctor and make sure you are able to follow any exercise plan
- Then decide if you really think yoga is something you might enjoy and may be of benefit to your body, spirit and mind
- Make time for yoga every day whether it is morning or before bed
- Start slow and easy: Yoga is non-competitive: Work at your own pace
- Work to do each pose better and longer but don't force it
- Wear comfortable clothing with no shoes needed
- Find a quiet comfortable place with little distraction: Turn off the phone and all other distractions
- Have fun, relax, meditate and enjoy the benefits of yoga
Enjoying The Benefits
Almost right from the time you begin practicing your yoga routine, you will begin to notice the results. For one thing, you will see that your posture begins to improve, which will help make your back stronger. So if you are someone who is prone to backaches, yoga exercises should help your back to feel better. The yoga breathing exercises will help you to breath better which should help you to relax and feel less stressful. The yoga mediation will help to clear your mind and help to lessen any stress you may have been under. Another benefit that you should notice right away is that your body is more flexible. Your body should be able to reach, stretch and bend much better. All over your body should feel less tight.
Yoga is certainly not going to cure your every ache and pain but it is quite possible that with regular yoga practice, yoga can help you to live a much better, healthier and happier life as you age.
Learn Yoga With DVD instructions
Will You Think About Trying Yoga?
Have you ever tried the Yoga exercises? What were the results?
You Can Lose Weight With Yoga
- Weight Loss Through Healthy Eating And Exercise
The New Year will be here soon. Make a committee to yourself to be healthier and loss weight by eating better and exercising. Yoga is a great way to start toning up and losing weight making you a healthier person.
Eating Healthy Combined With Yoga Can Help You Lose Weight
- Healthy Daily Nutrition Tips
Making good healthy food choices is part of taking good care of yourself and your body.
Yoga Exercise Training
Yoga Information Links
- Is Yoga a Good Workout? | LIVESTRONG.COM
Yoga practitioners often tout its benefits as a well-rounded exercise source while skeptics write it off as a mere extended period of stretching. While researchers are still studying yoga's benefits, the reality likely lies somewhere in between. A yo
- Yoga Health Benefits: Flexibility, Strength, Posture, and More
WebMD looks at the health benefits associated with yoga, including improved flexibility, more strength, better concentration, improved posture, better breathing, and lowered stress. Find out how yoga can benefit you.