Great Health Resources for Health, Life, and Your Business
Stress in Life...Kills
Business is stressful. And stress kills. Stress also brings many different health issues into our life. This can affect our business productivity and success. People today do not value their body as much as they should. Obesity is at an all time high in America. This is affecting our families, careers, and businesses. It is stated that 34% of all adults are obese. 17% of children are rated as obese. The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the U.S. was $147 billion in 2008; the medical costs for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal weight. So ask yourself this question..."Is your health worth the cost of the medical bills?" You are investing in your body in one way or another. Whether you invest in the front end with preventative maintenance or on the back end while you are in the hospital... you are investing.
Just imagine how your health is impacting your business? You hear the phrase what you put in, is what you get out! If you are physically obstructed to do your business at the maximum potential it will affect you over all. And let's just be honest your physical appearance also has effect on the people you are trying to market to. If you are physically fit, people will be more likely to buy from you, than a person who has the same product who is obese. It is completely psychological!
Think about it this way....if your body is at its best, you will feel better. And if feel better, you will perform better. It will allow you to think better and more effectively in the work place.
I have compiled a list of things that I do to help people be healthy, so they can be wealthy!
1. ExerciseI know this is the obvious one! But seriously do not let your exercise just be the first 2 weeks of the new year. Your body is an investment! You invest time, energy, and strength into your business. You hope that the business will become a great asset in your life. But trust me when I say to you, the all time best investment you will ever make, is in the greatest asset you have and will ever have! This is your body! With technology today health and exercise are easier than ever. I am not telling you that you have to jump on the band wagon right now, but trust me when I tell you, you need to exercise. I would highly recommend you looking into the technology like the Fitbit or the Jawbone. These tools do great things like track your calories, steps walked in a day, and your pulse rate. The cool thing is that it is wearable tech! You cannot get much easier than this! P90X
You can start off slow and make progression as you go. Just like your business make goals for your body! You will see great benefits very quickly!
2. Food Do NOT eat fast food. Avoid it like the plague. If you are going to eat at fast food at least make a healthier choice. Eat at places like Chipotle, Qdoba, or evenChick-fil-A. Chick-fil-A is the lesser of all of the fast food evils. I know some people would say that if you want to eat the healthiest way, you need to do it at your home. I understand this thought and I do not completely agree with it. With health becoming more and more of a trend in society, there are plenty of great, healthy restaurants out there that you can eat at. Even if it is a sit down restaurant and it will take your time, is it worth it. Your investment in your body is totally worth it! What investing you put in it, is what your body will put out!
Eating healthy is the best way to feel the quickest result. Eating right, will also give you the quickest benefit of looking better as well.
3. Preventative Health Maintenance We live in a society where preventative health is becoming more popular! Honestly, I am glad! Our government and medical organizations teach us that when you get sick, you go to the hospital. Then they throw some type of pharmaceutical drug down your throat! It is interesting to me that the word pharmaceutical actually has a root in the original language to the word sorcery! There job is to put "sorcery" on you to make you delusional to the problem. Healthcare is more concerned with taking care of the symptoms than actually treating the problem. I would encourage you to research and find what it is that you can do for preventive maintenance.
Here are a couple of companies that I recommend. I found these companies a few years back and let me tell you they are AMAZING!
Preventative Health (all from a company called Lifevantage: LFVN)
- Protandim- for the inside of your body! Largest scientific breakthrough in the healthcare industry to date.
- True Science- for your largest organ..your skin
- Axio- a healthy energy drink that protects your cells
These all can be found at the same website as listed as Protandim.
Problematic Health Issues (all from a company called Natures Rite)
- Sleep Apnea- Get rid of the CPAP
- Chronic Sinusitis- Do not just suppress the issue...get rid of it
- Digestive and Urinary Tract Issues- Ecoli, Hyplori, Candida, UTIs....it does wonders
Symptomatic Health Issues
- Food Poisoning- Seriously this stuff works! If you travel, this stuff needs to be on your shelf!
- Ligament Damage- Great for tendon and Ligament Damage.
4. Bad Habits
This is another huge area of people in their daily lives that stops productivity. Things like smoking and drinking are obvious. But what about other things that may not be so obvious? How about drinking coffee. I know that there are 100's of studies out there on the positive effects of coffee on the body. I also know there 100's of studies on the negative effects of coffee on the body. I will sum up all the science with this. If what your addicted to, causes you to have lapse in productivity..is it really good for you? I know plenty of people who have an addiction to coffee. If they do not have it...they melt down, get headaches, and cannot think straight! They do not get better until they have had their "fix!"
This is not a good habit. And it can become detrimental to you. There are healthy alternatives to coffee that will not give you the same crash and jitters that coffee gives. And it releases the brain fog from you. I mentioned it above. It is called Axio. Ultimately I will tell you, that anything that controls you....can be a very bad thing! Cigarettes, alcohol, coffee, chocolate, etc. all have the ability to control you. Getting rid of these habits, will also help you be more successful in your business or your place of work..
Another bad habit is....TV. I know you did not want me to say that, but just think about how much time you are wasting on TV. The average person watches 5 hours and 11 minutes of TV everyday. Ask yourself this question. What is that accomplishing. The news is depressing, sitcoms are not funny, reality TV is staged, and at the end of the night what have you accomplished? Nothing. TV is killing your productivity. This is one of the most devastating habits. People do not exercise often because they are too busy wanting to find out who is going to win Dancing With The Stars! When all is said and done, what does it really matter in your life if someone wins it or not? How does it help you!
When it comes to bad habits you have to ask yourself what habits do I have in my life? Are they good or bad? Do they consume me? Do they help me? Do they improve my quality of life? If there is a "no" in any of those questions, most likely they are not worth doing!
The Greatest Investment is...
So you must ask yourself the question, "Is your health worth it?" As I said before, you will invest in your body one way or another. Either at the hospital or through preventative maintenance at home. It may seem more expensive now, but it will save you thousands of dollars later. What other healthy ideas do you have? What other bad habits do you see in your life? Comment below and let's change the world to be a better and more healthy place!